Two Tiaras and a Sword

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 3

I remember what it was was about him that first caught my attention as I went about my business on campus.  It was the fact that he was always surrounded by a crowd.  And that crowd always seemed to be laughing and having a great time...because of something that he had said or done.  As I watched from a distance, he appeared to be the life of the party.



I liked that.  I had been born to older parents.  Parents who knew how to have fun...in a guarded, controled sort of way.  I wanted to have a part of his all out kind of fun.  I watched him, and looked for opportunities to meet him.


I pointed him out to my sister-in-law on one of her visits to campus, and told her that I would like to date him some day.  And just when I thought it was never going to happen...God orchestrated the perfect circumstances, and we met...and then he would speak when we passed each other...and then, he asked me out!



And I have been thankful for him each and every day since!



He is a truly great man.  He loves the Lord.  He loves his family.  He loves his church.  He is a man of integrity.  He is a man of truth.  He is an awesome husband, and a great daddy.  He will go to great lengths to take care of his family.  He is my best friend.  He was handmade by God just for me.  I love him with every fiber of my being, and I am thankful for him today, and everyday.

No comments: