Two Tiaras and a Sword

Monday, August 8, 2016

August 8, 2016

I woke up this morning and did my First 5 devotions.  Then I got up and started getting ready for my first day of the 2016-2017 school year.  My Prince fixed my Plexus for me, and even ironed my shirt. He is awesome!

It was good to get back and see everyone.  We had a devotional first thing, and then the elementary department had our meetings.  We went over several things and then we were able to go to our classrooms and work.

I got a few things done, and then My Prince wanted to meet for lunch.  We were going to meet at a local restaurant, but he text and told me that they were closed on Mondays.  So plan "b" was to meet at a different restaurant.  But, I could not find my keys.  So, I hiked all the way out to my car (we had to park on the high school side of the building because they were repainting the parking lot stripes on our side), only to find that I had locked my keys in my car.  What is up with that?  I NEVER do that!  Anyway, I text My Prince to let him know that I had locked my keys in the car.  He got lunch to go, and brought it to me, along with a hole punch that I needed and he got my keys out of the car on his way in.  Have I mentioned lately that he is the greatest?  I am sure it has been too long since I have sung his praises.  He truly is the greatest!  But due to all of the craziness, he did not have time to stay and visit with me while I ate.  He had to go and get some more supplies for more backpacks that were needed.

I quickly ate lunch, and then got back to working and getting things ready for the parents tomorrow night and the students Wednesday morning.

I finished all that I could do, and went downstairs to wait for the Youngest Princess to finish cheer practice.  I talked to some of the other moms that were down there.  The Oldest Princess was running cheer practice for the young girls.  When they finished, we came home.

About the time we got home, the Young Prince was leaving for football practice.

The church secretary (at the school) had given us some okra.  Yay!  So when we got home, I cut some of it up, and the Oldest Princess and I fried it, while My Prince grilled pork chops.  It was a simple but very good dinner.

After we ate, the Young Princess helped me finish putting together the prayer journals for the girls in my class.  I am so excited about them!  I can't wait for them to document and see how God answers prayers and for them to get excited about their prayer journals as well.  Then I know that they will pray even bigger prayers and expect even greater things from God, and He will answer, and it will grow.  I am praying that it will start a fire in their hearts that lights a lifelong love of prayer and that they will be able to see how powerful prayer can be.

After we finished the journals, we turned on the television to watch the Olympics.  Diving was just coming on.  The Youngest Princess who is all about the Olympics this year looked at the television, and saw the men divers in their very small swim suits and held up her hand to block her view of the television and said, "Oh!  Tiny shorts, Mom!  Tiny! Shorts!"  We continued watching, fast forwarding through most of it, because the American divers were Christians and I was rooting for them.  I was glad in their interview at the end that they again gave glory to God.  You don't see much of that anymore, and I am glad that they are vocal about their faith.

After that, the Youngest Princess and I came upstairs to read Mandie.  We are on the book that tells about her college years now.  I feel like we have grown up with her.  We have been reading Mandie books since way back when the Youngest Princess was in the first grade!  If we read without missing a night, we should be finished with this one in about 12 nights.  Then I don't know what we will do.  I am thinking about the Anne of Green Gables books?  But I am open to suggestions.  A while back, we took a break from Mandie and read A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett, and the Youngest Princess was mad at me for months over that one.  She thought it was a "horrible" book and that I was terrible for making us read such a "sad, horrible" book that made us cry.  So, if you know of any great girly books, I am open to suggestions.

We finished reading, and the Youngest Princess went to bed.  My Prince came upstairs, but decided to lay in the Young Prince's bed while I worked on my blog.  The Young Prince is downstairs watching one of the Spiderman movies.  The Oldest Princess, still a working woman for one more day, is also in bed.  And now, I too am going to get some rest.  Full day tomorrow.

Until I blog again...

No comments: