Two Tiaras and a Sword

Thursday, August 25, 2016

August 20 - 25, 2016

Okay, I have been a bit busy.  I will do my best to remember the highlights...

8/20 Saturday - It was a relaxing morning.  We had a Sunday School fish fry that evening.  It started pouring about the time we left for the fish fry.  We got soaked getting out of the car.  The food was great, and the company was the best.  We had a good time, and really enjoyed playing Dutch Blitz.  It was a great time, and I look forward to doing it again next year.

8/21 Sunday - It was a good day at church.  I went early and met with my Bible Drills helper, Mrs. S, and we cleaned out some things and did some reorganizing.  It was wonderful.  I really enjoyed my Sunday night small group, we have gotten comfortable with one anther, and have really started sharing our hearts and how the Lord is working in our lives and I am really enjoying it.  I had a great night in my Bible Drills class as well.  I know I say it often, but I seriously mean it.  I LOVE Bible Drills class, and the kids that are in my class, and my sweet helper!

8/22 Monday - It was a good day at school.  We were able to get everything accomplished that I wanted to get done.  I am loving my class of all girls!  After school, we went to the hospital to see my friend, M.  She was off of the ventilator, and doing better.  It was good to see her and talk to her and know that she was going to be okay.  We also went to visit another friend who was in the same hospital.  We love her, and she is always so sweet and such an encouragement.  We left feeling blessed for our time with her.  We did a little shopping for the Oldest Princess.  She needed some school supplies for college, and then she needed some things to finish a few projects that she is working on.  We ate at Chick-fil-A, and then came home.

8/23 Tuesday - It was a good day at work.  Honestly, there is nothing to talk about, because my girls are so good!  When My Prince asks, "How was your day?"  I have nothing to say but, "It was really good.  How was yours?"  I love it!  The Oldest Princess left to go to an away game with the volleyball team.  The Youngest Princess and I came home, and the Young Prince got out of school early, so he had already gone to get a haircut, and beat us home.  My Prince finished with a meeting that he was in, and came home.  My Prince and I then left to go to a pre-viewing of the movie I Am Not Ashamed.  It is a movie about the life of Rachel Joy Scott, one of the victims of the Columbine school shooting.  It was not what I expected it to be, but it was very good.  I believe that it will be an effective tool to reach teenagers with the Gospel.  I also think that it will open the door for many conversations that will help many teens.  When the movie was over, they introduced the main actress of the movie.  She was there!  It was pretty neat.  They held a quick question and answer session with her.  She was so cute and sweet!  Then we came home to our children.  The Oldest Princess had made it home from the volleyball game, and the Youngest Princess was in bed asleep.  Oh, and I talked to my brother a couple of times.  The cleaning people at his office had run into the building, with someone on top of the car (seriously).  The world has gone crazy.  Absolutely crazy.

8/24 Wednesday - It was a good day.  School went great.  My Prince came and did chapel for me.  He taught about Salvation.  A much needed message, even at a Christian school. We managed to squeek everything in, even with chapel and a lot of other things going on.  After school, I went with the Oldest Princess to pick up trays of chicken sliders for the youth event that night.  Three members of my Wednesday night group could not be there, so that left two of us.  We met and shared our hearts with one another.  I shared with her about a difficult situation that I am facing, and she promised to pray for me.

8/25 Thursday (today) - I woke up and did my First 5 devotion.  It was very good.  A great reminder.  I got ready and the Youngest Princess and I went to school.  It was another good day.  Did I mention that I love my class of girls?  We shared lots of prayer requests, and took some extra time to pray for all of our requests.  The girls all did very well on their tests and quizzes for the day.  The Oldest Princess came to visit during lunch.  Then My Prince took the Oldest Princess to the dentist.  We found out that she has a cracked back tooth, and will have to have a root canal.  We were all bummed by that news.  But at least we found out in time to get it done before she goes to college.  My Prince said that the dentist was trying to set the Oldest Princess up with one of (either one of) his two eligible sons.  Too funny!  Anyway, they got her set up for her root canal.  I know we will all be glad when that is over and done.  They came home, and by that time Grammy was here.  We sure were glad to see her!  It seems like they have been gone forever.  Poppy still is not home, but we hope he is able to come home soon.  We all went out to eat with Grammy.  Then the oldest two kids went to a local football game.  My Prince brought me home, and then left for a meeting.  Grammy and the Youngest Princess ran to a local store to get the Youngest Princess some fudge pops.  They came home shortly thereafter, and then Grammy left.  The Youngest Princess did her homework.  I worked on some school related things.  Then I came upstairs to help the Youngest Princess get ready for bed. My Prince made it home from his meeting.  I am going to read to the Youngest Princess, and then get some rest.

Whew!  And that catches you up on the week.  Well, at least some of the main details of the week.  I will try to do better this week at blogging each day.  I don't enjoy playing catch up.

Until I blog again...

No comments: