Two Tiaras and a Sword

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

August 3, 2016

I woke up this morning and did my First 5 devotion.

My Prince left for work.  The Young Prince left for football practice.

I took advantage of the quiet house and blogged about yesterday's crazy day.  My Prince texted me that he had finished the Senior page.  We emailed it to Mrs. B.  I was very glad to be able to get that done.

I did several loads of laundry.  I still love my new washing machine.

The UPS man made a delivery that made me very happy.  Two boxes.  One with a heavy duty electric pencil sharpener for my room.  Woo hoo!  No more dealing with the mechanical one!  And one with 10 small three ring binders.  Those are for my students to use in a year long project that makes me very excited.  I am praying that this project changes their lives.  I know it has the potential to. Because prayer changes things.

The Youngest Princess woke up, and we talked for a little while, and then we both ate a bowl of cereal together.

I went to get ready for a funeral that we were going to attend.  My friend's step-mom.  My friend's daughter read a poem, and did a great job.  My friend wrote a beautiful tribute that was read at the graveside.  The graveside service ended just as it began to steadily rain.  We walked through the rain to get back to our cars.  My friend's youngest daughter thought it was great fun to walk in the rain.

After the funeral, My Prince took me to eat lunch.  It was nice to sit down and be able to talk to one another without very many interruptions.  Especially after yesterday's craziness.

We came home, and I worked on my Bible study.

Mrs. B text and told me that the Senior page was great and that it worked the first time, so we did not have to do anything to change it.  It is done.  I hope the Oldest Princess is happy with it.  I guess I put it off for so long because I wanted it to be perfect, and I really had no idea how to get started on it, or what pictures to use, or what to say.  I put too much stress on myself over it really.  I just wanted it to be perfect for her.

My Prince went back to work.

The kids came home from the movies.  Actually the Oldest Princess dropped off the Young Prince and the Youngest Princess, and then went back to finish babysitting.

The Young Prince got ready for church.

My Prince came home.

The Oldest Princess came home and got ready for church.

The kids left for church.

We left shortly after them.

My Prince helped me out on formatting some things for my special project for my class.  He is awesome!

My small group meeting went well.  It was a good chapter, and a good study that we could all relate to, and learn from.  Several things that I need to be better at putting into practice.

After church, My Prince and I had a meeting.  Actually My Prince had two meetings.

After our meetings, we came home.  The kids had gone to Subway to get dinner.  Now they are all upstairs in bed, and My prince and I are downstairs.  He is doing something on his iPad, and I am about to finish this blog and head to bed myself.

Until I blog again...

No comments: