Two Tiaras and a Sword

Monday, May 2, 2016

May 2, 2016

Hello!  It has been a while.  How quickly one day turns into two days, and two days turn into four days!  We have been busy, and when it comes evening, I have not been in the mood to blog, so I have skipped a few days.  Not that there are not blog worthy things happening.  There have been many, but I've just been too tired to get on here and get it  done.  So, I will hit a few highlights that have happened over the past few days and try to keep it short and sweet.

Wednesday 4/27 -  A normal day as far as I can remember.  And my memory is not that great anymore!  Work/school for all of us.  After school, a few minutes to get some things done around the house and then church.  My small group study was good.  I love my ladies, and I love growing and learning and just doing life together through good times and bad.

Thursday 4/28 - My AWESOME niece's birthday.  It was a good day.  We had work/school as usual.  We also had our last staff lunch.  And as usual I forgot.  As usual I sent my monthly SOS text to My Prince to let him know I had forgotten, yet again.  WHY DO I HAVE A MENTAL BLOCK AGAINST REMEMBERING THESE THINGS!?!?  My Prince who is also My Hero from time to time ran to the store and got all the stuff and made. my. chicken. dip. for. me!  Then he delivered it piping hot to the school, right at our snack time.  What a man!!!  He is awesome!

Other than that, it was pretty much a normal day. Oh, we did finish the last of the Josiah books.  It was bittersweet.  Josiah has journeyed all the way through 5th grade with us, and we hated to be done.  I guess it also symbolizes another year about to be finished, and another group of students that have made it through and I have to say goodbye to them and send them on their way.  It makes me sad to think about sending them on.  Well, at least most days anyway.

After school, we went home and got ready to go to our school's Sports Banquet.  This year, all three of our children were involved in the sports program, so all three were recognized with their teams for the various sports they played.  It was a great night, full of friends, great food, pictures, memories and awards.  They framed the jerseys of the Seniors and gave them to the Seniors as parting gifts.  I had no prior knowledge of that, and it brought tears to my eyes.  The Oldest Princess also received a trophy for the most steals, and was named to the All-State Basketball Second Team.

Then it was time for the Patriot Award.  This award is given for outstanding Christian character and testimony in their athletics, school, church, and community.  They called up five students who received the most votes from their coaches, teachers, and peers.  Out of the five, two of them were the Oldest Princess, and the Young Prince.  My heart was thrilled to see my oldest two children standing up there.  What a blessing!  All five of the students standing there, were very worthy of the award.  I love them all, and I was very proud of each of them.  And for all the awards given that night, I must say, that the fact that my kids were nominated for this particular one definitely meant the most to me. "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." I John 1:4

On the way home from the banquet, we called my niece to wish her a Happy Birthday.  She told us that after lunch, she had gotten sick and had had to go home from work.  That made me bummed for her.  You are not supposed to be sick on your birthday!

Friday 4/29 - Again, a fairly normal day.  Work.  School.  Home.  We had tumbling, because it had been moved to Friday, from our usual Thursday, because of the sports banquet.  We hurried home from school so the Youngest Princess could pack her bags to take with her to tumbling, because she was going with a friend straight from tumbling to a surprise slumber party for one of her friends.  One of my friends, whose daughter was also going was awesome enough to let the Youngest Princess ride with her, because My Prince and I were invited to a FFA banquet, and could not get her to the party and be at the banquet on time.  The Oldest Princess was going with her D-group out to eat and to see The Jungle Book.  The Young Prince was going over to a friend's house to camp out.

We went to the banquet and enjoyed good food and fellowship.  We were also able to see several of our church kids presented with awards for their accomplishments over the past few years in the local FFA chapter.  It was a fun night.

After we got home, and the Oldest Princess made it safely home, we all went to bed.

Saturday 4/30 - It was a good day of getting things done around the house.  And I was able to get quite a bit of study time in as well.  I even made time to dip some more chocolate covered strawberries.  I am sure I ate too many, but they are just SO GOOD!

The Oldest Princess had scheduled time with a friend to take a few more Senior pictures.  Aunt T had taken a ton last summer, but she also wanted a few taken here at home, so we met our friend and took some here around town.  I enjoyed talking with our friend.  We see her almost weekly, but rarely have time to actually talk, so it was a special time for me.  She is a great photographer, and I am looking forward to seeing the finished pictures.

A huge praise!  Our car is fixed! I was able to pick it up after we finished with the pictures.  And a huge Thank You, to the friend who fixed it for us!  What a blessing!  It is wonderful to have it back again, and not to have to worry about getting from place to place in someone else's car.  Even though right now, with two teen drivers and Grammy's car and Poppy's truck, our driveway looks like a used car lot!

Sunday 5/1 - How. In. The. World. Is. It. Already. May. 1st?!?  I can not believe it is already the month that the Oldest Princess graduates!  I just can not believe that it is here!  She has already started receiving graduation presents.  We are gathering things up to use to decorate her table at graduation, and getting things in order for her party the night after.  We have been busy, and I still feel like there is so much to do.  But busy is good, because it keeps me from having too much time to think about it.

This morning, I was busy getting ready for church, and missed two calls. In a couple of minutes, I received a voicemail from a friend who lives close to one of our church members.  She was letting me know that there were ambulances and first responders at our church member's home.  Other than that, she did not know any details.  I told My Prince, and we both began immediately to pray for her. Our church member was a widow (her husband passed away about 10 months ago), and she lived alone.  Just a few minutes later, my friend called me back to tell me that she had passed away.  It was heartbreaking news.  She was a precious lady.  So very,very sweet.  She and her husband were big supporters of my Bible Drill kids.  They both loved Bible Drills and believed in what we were doing. They supported us in prayer, and they would always give the kids a card with a little money in it on the day of the big drill.  They also followed us, and went to see the kids drill when they were physically able.  She sat by me at a funeral a while back, and we were talking about how many people were there, and she made a remark in jest about how there probably would not be many people at her funeral.  I promised her that I would be there.  When her husband passed away, I was unable to attend his funeral.  She reminded My Prince that I said that I would be at hers.  So, now I have to keep my word.  Although, this is one time I hate that I sure do wish that there was no reason to keep my word.  She will be greatly missed by many, and I am one of those many.

In our morning worship service, we gave certificates to our Bible Drill students, and recognized them for their achievements, and hard work.

After church we went to eat at a local Mexican restaurant.  Not my favorite, but we were having a hard time on everyone deciding on one place, and so I gave in for the sake of peace.  After lunch we came home and I started working on my blog.  And the Youngest Princess practiced playing the piano.

Then we went to her piano recital.  She played a duet that she had played with one of her friends for our fine arts competition, and she played Fur Elise.  All of the students did a great job.  I love watching their talents progress over the years, and I love that they are learning something that they can use for the rest of their lives.

We came home after the recital.  The Youngest Princess was very tired and very whiny.  I had a headache all afternoon. I decided to keep her home and let her rest before school tomorrow.  We have been running like crazy folks.  So she and I stayed home.  I fixed dinner, and then we read and got some rest, and recharged our weary selves.

Monday 5/2 - Today was a good day.  I got up and did my First 5 as usual.  I got ready, and we went to school.  There was a bouquet of green (my favorite color) and white flowers, along with a sweet note, and two candy bars, for teacher appreciation from my class.  One of my students also brought me a cute little hedgehog candle.  It was so sweet, because for the last week he has been dying to give  it to me.  If he asked once, he asked 20 times, "Can tomorrow just be teacher appreciation day so I can give it to you?  I can't wait!"  Blessed.  I tell you all, I am blessed.

The Young Prince knocked on my door and told me that he had talked to one of the other teachers and asked her to do something for me that we had talked about the night before.  He said he would do it, and he stopped by to let me know that he had gotten it done.  He is really growing and maturing, and I am so very proud of the young man he is becoming.

I spent my break time at school getting ready for my sub tomorrow.  I am very glad that I was able to find a sub, because my friend is still out, and several people have been moved around to fill in her spot, and the spot of the lady who has taken her place. I was worried that I would have a hard time finding someone who could sub for me.  But thankfully, God worked it out easily.  And now, I will keep my word, and attend a funeral that I am sad that I have to attend.  I really loved this sweet lady.  She was a godly, precious example to many.  She was faithful through the years, and I told My Prince tonight that when I am old, I want to be sweet like she was.  She always had a pleasant smile on her face and a kind encouraging word to those around her.  I know she is in the presence of the Lord, and her loved ones, but she will be greatly missed here on earth.

After school, I came home and got a few things done around the house.  Then when My Prince got home, he, the Youngest Princess, the Young Prince and I all went to grab a bite to eat.  The Oldest Princess stayed home, because she was going to go to dinner later with our youth pastor's wife.  I enjoyed talking with the Young Prince over dinner.  He told us about some things he has been interested in, and is looking to the future, and that excites me for him. We went to eat, and then ran by the store, and came home.  We almost came home with a new dog, but my head won out over my heart, and I hope that his owners found him, or someone else found it in their hearts to take him in until his owners were found. We weren't home long before the Oldest Princess left for her dinner.

I spent some time doing my Leviticus study.  Then the Youngest Princess asked me to watch some television with her.  We watched a little television, and then the Oldest Princess came home.  She came in the door feeling very sick.  We did what we could to make her comfortable and help nurse her a little.  She was actually sick a few times, but now she is sitting up in bed pleading for me to let her tell me what she got me for Mother's Day, so she seems to be feeling a little better.

It is about time for me to read to the Youngest Princess, and get her to bed, because she was a bear this morning, and I do not want tomorrow morning to be a repeat performance.

So, until tomorrow...

No comments: