Two Tiaras and a Sword

Monday, May 23, 2016

May 18 - May 22, 2016

5/18 - Wednesday - It's been a while, and as My Prince says, "I have slept since then", but I will write it as I remember it and try to be as accurate as possible.

The normal morning routine, and on to our last day of school (for elementary anyway).  I gave my students the last of their tests, and we went and watched the kindergarten do the dress rehearsal for their graduation play.  As always, I loved it!  Our kindergarten teacher is the BEST at coming up with her own kindergarten plays.  They are great!  If you live in the area, you definitely need to try to go and see one.  You will be impressed, I promise!  Then we went to snack.  I sat with my kids, because the teacher's table was full.  Fun times, my last snack with my class.  I will miss these kids.  I love them and I know that they all have great times ahead of them.  They really were a great bunch to teach.  After snack, we went back to the class and finished up with a math test.  Then they packed up everything, and it was time to go home.

I went back to my room and finished up grading, concluding grades, filling out certificates, and getting everything ready for the awards ceremony on Friday.

I finished up and came home.  I think we had chicken fingers for dinner, and then we went to church.

It was Senior night in our youth group, and they always invite the families of the Seniors to come and be a part, so we went over to the youth group for their service.  It was fun.  We celebrated the Oldest Princess and her friend C.  They were given study Bibles, and discipleship making materials, and an alumni flag and t-shirt.  They signed their alumni flag that will hang in the youth room.  They were charged/commended by their youth pastor, pastor, and Sunday School teacher.  They both got to speak to/charge those who will come after them.  There was cake and ice cream.  And lots of pictures. It was a good time.  I am proud the Oldest Princess and her friend C.  They are both super girls who love the Lord.  I know God has exciting plans for their futures.

5/19 - Thursday - The regular morning routine, then we spent the morning working at the house trying to get ready for Friday and Saturday.  Some friends dropped by to give the Oldest Princess her graduation gifts.  We were talking to them, when our first round of company came in.  We had a few minutes to visit before we had to head off to get the Youngest Princess to her tumbling class.

We all went, and enjoyed hanging out together while the Youngest Princess tumbled.  We also worked on a list of things we needed to get from the store.  After tumbling, we went to one of our favorite restaurants and ate "white gravy", as our family loves to call it.

After dinner, Niece #1 said she had an idea.  That we could all take a portion of the list, and go separate ways (divide and conquer), and whoever got back to the front first would win prize money. We all were in agreement, so we divided up the list and were off.  Thirty minutes and three buggies full later, we were at the register checking out.  My Prince and I were the first ones to the front with our completed list, but the Oldest Princess and the Young Prince were right behind us.  My Prince and I won the prize money.  But then Unka came up with another competition (we might be a little bit of a competitive bunch).  He wanted us all to text him with what we thought the total cost would be, and whoever came closest would get a prize.  Believe it or not, the Youngest Princess won that competition (actually Aunt T did, but she forfeited and gave the prize to the Youngest Princess).  We took everything to the church and unloaded and then we came back to the house to visit for a little while before they went back to their hotel.

5/20 - Friday - Morning routine, then off to school for the Awards Ceremony.  I had several last minute things I needed to get done.  I had remembered early that morning that I had forgotten to fill out my Honor Roll certificates, and my Perfect Attendance certificates.  So I wanted to get there early and get that done.  One of my students brought me a sweet card and a cute water bottle with three lemons (for my lemon water) - so thoughtful, and sweet!  I was able to get everything done and in order, and went to sit down in the auditorium (just a few minutes before it was time to start) and realized that I had forgotten to get my two top student medals.  AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!  I found the secretary with seconds to spare, and she was able to get them to me right on time.  So, once again, all was well.  The awards ceremony went very well.  The band played and several of our choirs sang, and then we did the awards.

After the awards, we were in full "get the Oldest's Princess's graduation table decorated" mode.  But that meant that I had to go in that room.  The room with the 13 tables.  I got teary several times, but we got the table decorated.  I would not have been able to do it without Aunt T,  Niece #1, and my sweet friend Special K.  Also props go out to My Prince, the Young Prince, Z-Bone, and Unka for running errands and cutting boxes and other various things.

We got the table mostly decorated, and then we went to lunch.  After lunch, we sent the Youngest Princess and the men home, and we went back to the store to pick up a few last minute things we needed, and to have some pictures printed out.

Then we went to the church, where it was all hands on deck for food prep for the party.  We were washing/chopping machines.  Again, there is no way I could have done it without all of my sweet family and friends helping.  We finished up what we could do for the day,  and went home to get ready for the graduation.

We got ready and headed to the school a little early so we could add some of the pictures that we printed to the Oldest Princess's table.  Then it was upstairs for the actual graduation.  It was a very nice ceremony. And the Oldest Princess is now a high school graduate.  

After the ceremony, we went to the fellowship hall for the reception.  It was a fun time.  After it was over, we helped clean up and then we came home.  We visited for a little while.  The Oldest Princess opened her presents.  We watched a few clips of the kids' play, and then everyone went their separate ways to get some rest.

5/21 - Saturday- We slept in a little, and then got up and got ready.  We had a lot to get done in a little amount of time.  Special K and Z-Bone met us here at the house and then we went to the church and met up with everyone else.  We put trays together, and decorated tables.  Poppy and My Prince went and picked up lunch.  We ate and got back to work.  Aunt T did a great job on the table.  Again, it was a group effort.  Everyone working together to get it all done.  Many hands make light work, as the saying goes.  Or as Aunt T likes to say, "Team work makes the dream work!"

We finished up and headed back to the house to get ready for the party.  When we were all ready, we went back to the church and started putting everything out on the tables.  Poppy went to pick up the chicken nugget trays.  Grammy went grocery shopping for Sunday's lunch.  Then everyone started showing up.

We had a wonderful time visiting with our friends and celebrating the Oldest Princess.  I hope the Oldest Princess had a wonderful time as well.  All too soon it was over and time to clean up.  And again, with all hands on deck, we got it done.

We headed back to the house.  Unka, Aunt T and Niece #1 went on back to their hotel.  Special K and Z-Bone came in and played some Dutch Blitz with us.  It got pretty crazy.  Cards were flying, earrings were flying, insults were flying (I may, or may not have been, called a cow), Z-Bone did his bull pawing thing, the Young Prince did a little of his commonhating,  much laughter was shared, and in the end, we all remained friends.  They left to go back to their hotel, and we went to bed.

5/22 - Sunday - Regular Sunday morning routine.  Special K and Z-Bone came over and we left for Sunday school and church.  Sunday school was packed and that was exciting.

Unka, Aunt T and Niece #1 met us for the church service.  My Prince preached on marriage.  It was very good.  We also had several visitors - including Sal and Water Buffalo.  Those two guys are crazy.  They reminded us that Vacation Bible School is right around the corner, and that if we haven't signed up (either to come or to work) that we needed to get that done.  It was a good Sunday Morning.

After church we all came home and had roast, hash brown casserole, green beans, and rolls.  It was delicious.  Then we visited and enjoyed just being able to sit and talk for a few minutes.  My Prince left to go to the Baccalaureate Service at our church. Way before we were ready, Special K and Z-Bone had to leave to get back home in time for their evening church service.  We prayed together, and then sent them off with a wave.  It's a family tradition.

Unka, Aunt T and Niece #1 stayed for about an hour longer before they had to leave to get to the airport.  The Oldest Princess and the Young Prince had to get to church for drama practice. My Prince got home from the Baccalaureate Service.  We prayed with/for Aunt T, Unka, and Niece #1, and then sent them off with the traditional wave. Grammy and Poppy went their way, as Poppy is filling in the pulpit at another local church while they are home for the summer.

The Youngest Princess and I left to get to church.  I had my small group meeting, and the Youngest Princess had youth choir practice.  I really enjoyed our small group meeting.  It was really just our first week in to our study.  And I am so excited about how God is already moving.  I can't wait to see what He does next!

The children's choirs performed in the evening service.  It is always a blessing to me to hear those little ones sing the praises of our Lord and King!  They did a great job, and I am very thankful to those who work with them each week to help them learn their songs.

After the song service, the Gray Ghost preached.  It was my first time to hear him preach.  He did a great job.  I was very proud of him.  I look forward to hearing him again in the future.

After church, we came home, and ate leftovers from the grad. party.  The Oldest Princess and the Young Prince went to a friend's bon fire party for a little while.  I called my sister back, and talked to her for a few minutes.  I talked to my brother long enough to know that their flight made it in.  The the kids came home, and we all went to bed.

And that was our whirlwind graduation weekend!  Still cleaning up glitter.

Until tonight...

No comments: