Two Tiaras and a Sword

Saturday, May 14, 2016

May 14, 2016

I woke up early this morning as My Prince was leaving to have breakfast and meet with some men from our church.  I could not go back to sleep, so I got up and  did a little work on my Bible studies while the house was quiet.  I also worked in the kitchen a little and started a load of laundry.

My Prince came home.  The Young Prince got up and went to the school to help take down the set from the play.

I worked on folding and putting away about 4 loads of laundry that had been waiting on me to be free long enough to get them done.  The Youngest Princess woke up and was a big help to me in getting the laundry folded.

The Oldest Princess got up and helped a little as well.

I went through my closet and put away all of my fall/winter clothes.  Then did the same with the Youngest Princess's closet.

I bagged up some of the clothes we have been putting in our designated "give away" spot.  And My Prince and the Youngest Princess went to take them to a friend of ours who sells secondhand clothing and toys and such and then uses the money to buy Christmas presents for children who would otherwise not receive much for Christmas.

We also bagged up two bags full of clothes to pass on to a friend of ours who has a daughter that is younger than the Youngest Princess and can wear some of our gently used clothes.

When they got home, the Youngest Princess was all excited.  She said that our friend had offered her a job.  She told her that she could come and help her, and play with her granddaughter who is the Youngest Princess's age, when they were not busy.  The Youngest Princess was very excited that she has a "summer job" like her big brother and sister.

I was able to get something done for the church that I have been thinking about for the last few days, since a friend gave me the idea.  I am excited about getting it started, and I hope it will be a blessing to our church members.

I ate lunch, and then we got ready to go and visit Poppy.  Another friend of ours who has a little apartment next to their house, has graciously offered to allow Grammy and Poppy to stay there, while Grammy and Poppy are in the states.  They live out in the country, and it is very quiet and peaceful. Today is Poppy's birthday, and he wanted us to come out there and grill out and visit with him.  They also have a pool, and our friend told us that anytime we wanted to come and visit with Grammy and Poppy, we were welcomed to, and that we were to feel free to use the pool as well.  So the kids, mainly the Youngest Princess, did a little swimming, while we visited and grilled.  We ate hamburgers and mini cupcakes to celebrate Poppy.  It was a nice, relaxing evening.  That is until the little bugs started biting.  They especially liked the Young Prince.  

We decided it was time for us to head home, so My Prince could do his studying and final preparations for tomorrow.

The kids are getting ready for bed and relaxing, and I am ready to do the same myself.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: