Two Tiaras and a Sword

Friday, September 23, 2011

The Oldest Princess is How Old?!?


I can remember when I found out that we were expecting you. I remember being both thrilled and scared to death. I remember all the doctor's visits, and the classes...I remember that those nine months seemed like an eternity...

I remember seeing you for the very first time, and knowing a love that I had never known before. I remember watching everyone else see you for the first time, and fall in love just as I did.

I remember the days we spent, just you and I, while your daddy was at work at the church. We would read and sing and play. You were everything I had ever dreamed you would be and more.

I remember the day we dedicated you to the Lord, and asked for His guidance to help us raise you in ways that are pleasing to Him.

I remember you taking your first steps, and how you used to get such a thrill out of pulling books off of the bookshelf. I remember you laying with me in the afternoons to take your nap...our special together time, for the months that I was on bed rest while expecting your brother.

I remember you being a fantastic helper, and a wonderful big sister. You always watched out for your brother, and did your best to keep him in line.

I remember your first day of school, your first piano recital, and many school and church plays and programs. I remember soccer games, volleyball games, basketball games, and cheerleading competitions.

I remember the day you asked the Lord to be your personal savior, and the day your Daddy baptized you.

I remember telling you that you were going to be a big sister again, and how excited you were. I remember how again, you fit the role perfectly, and still do. You are an awesome big sister!

I remember special times we've had heart to heart talks...just you and I. I remember times we have laughed, and been silly. I remember times we have cried.

And even though I have all those memories, it is hard for me to wrap my heart and mind around the fact that you are 14! How in the world did I blink, and you become a young lady? Just yesterday I held you, and rocked you to sleep, and look at you now!

I thank God every day for giving you to me. You are precious to me, and I am so very, very proud of you. I love your heart. I love that you strive to please, and not just people, but especially the Lord. I love that you are independent, but not too much so. I love that you come to me and share things. I love that you have noticed guys, but you don't act inappropriately to make them notice you. I love that you ask my advice, and then take it. I love that you are respectful to adults. I love that you work hard, and that you always expect more from yourself. I love your sweet spirit. I love that you come to me and apologize when you know you have done wrong.

14...and so much ahead of you. Keep your focus on the Lord. Stay in His Word. Learn something new about Him every day. Do the things that please Him. Obey Him, and everything else will fall into place. Be who you are supposed to be, and where you are supposed to be, and God will honor your obedience with His wonderful plan for your life. And His plan is definitely the best plan.

So many memories, and precious times to look back on...and so many exciting adventures to look forward to. I wouldn't change a second of the past, and I look forward to every second of the future. I know that God has worked through you already, and I eagerly await to see how He will continue to use you in the future.

Happy Birthday to my precious oldest princess, who is a beautiful person both inside and out.
I love you forever and always!
Mom

Oh, and that #16 on her jersey up there?...that's the year she graduates.  If 14 years have flown by like a few days...that's like, tomorrow!!  Lord, please help me to cherish EVERY moment!!!

No comments: