Two Tiaras and a Sword

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I Can't Do It

Discouraged.

Have you ever been there? I'm sure if you are human, you have.

Something at the house breaks. The kids are going wild. Something at work is really frustrating. The car breaks down. An unexpected bill comes in. One thing after another goes wrong. And doesn't it seem like it happens ALL AT ONCE?

And I want to sit down and throw my hands up in the air and quit. Because I am doing my best to please the Lord, and serve Him with all my might. And then, while I'm down, along comes someone to "kick" me with a joking comment that hits me right in my heart.

And I find myself wondering if it is even worth it...

And then the Holy Spirit brings to mind...

1 Thessalonians 5:24. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

And there it is. The ladder out of the deep hole of discouragement. If He calls you. He also will do it. If He called me, He doesn't expect perfection from me. He knows that everyone I come in contact with will not be awed by me. He made me after all, He knows me better than anyone else. That's the beauty in the ashes. I can't do it. It's obvious I can't. That's exactly why He called ME. So HE could do it. So He could get the honor and glory that belongs to Him in the first place.

And then I can smile again, and thank God for using me, inadequacies and all, to be a small part of His big plan, and to bring honor and glory to Him.

So, yes. It is worth it. It is definitely worth it. It is worth all that we face, in order to be used by Him, in order to help further the gospel in some way, and to grow to be more like Him.

If you are discouraged today, please remember that you don't have to do it. God will do it. Whew! Isn't that a load off of your back? And thank Him for choosing to use you.

1 Peter 5:7. Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

No comments: