Two Tiaras and a Sword

Saturday, November 2, 2013

30 Days of Thankfulness (1)

     I am thankful for my family.
     My heart nearly bursts as I sit and think about each of the wonderful people that God has placed in my life, to walk through this crazy adventure with me.  
     I love taking note of the little things, like how the young prince likes to give his sister advice when it comes to boys.  Or how he goes to his sister for advice when it comes to girls.  I love his zeal and passion for God's Word.  I love that the oldest princess has just gotten her license, and is willing to drive to the ends of the earth, if we need her to, but is always very responsible and careful.  I also love that she is working to become her own independent person, but does it in a mostly respectful way...and on the rare occasion that she doesn't, she usually come back with a repentant heart and apologizes.  I love that the youngest princess is full of energy and life, and sometimes silliness that makes us all smile.
     I love how my wonderful husband cares deeply for our congregation, yet still has the time and energy to care deeply for us.
     I love it that as my kids get older, they need me less, but they still do need me.
     As we prayed for our dinner yesterday, the little princess tightly gripped my hand, and as I peeked at her little strong, healthy hand holding mine, my heart swelled with thankfulness for my precious family.

No comments: