Two Tiaras and a Sword

Saturday, November 9, 2013

30 Days of Thankful (8)

Today I am thankful for my class.

I love how each year each new class has a personality all it's own.  I love working with the kids in my class.  I love learning what they love.  I love finding out their strengths and weaknesses.  I love challenging their strengths and strengthening their weaknesses.  I love finding ways to make learning fun for them.  I love to see them achieve more than they ever thought that they could.  I love watching them learn without them even realize that they are learning.

I love making the Bible come to life for them.  I love making them think about what is going on in the world around them and see daily matters through a Biblical point of view.

Sometimes they frustrate me.  Sometimes I want to throw up my hands and throw in the towel.  But then one of them will say something sweet, or funny, and I know that tomorrow is a new day, and we can start all over again.

I love that we have classroom running jokes.  I love that we are small enough to be a family.  I love that I have watched most of them grow up, and will continue to get to watch them grow for years to come.

No comments: