Two Tiaras and a Sword

Monday, November 11, 2013

30 Days of Thankful (11)

Today I am thankful for freedom.

I am thankful that I was born in a country built on the principle of freedom.  I am thankful that there are men and women who are brave enough to train, and sacrifice even to the extent of their own life, in order for the rest of us to continue to enjoy that freedom.

I am thankful that I can worship as I choose.  I can read, watch and listen to what I want to read, watch or listen to.  I can come and go as I please.  I can write, or say what I want to write or say.  I can own property.  I can educate my children as I see fit.  I can choose my occupation.  All these things, that I often take for granted are things that I am thankful for today.  I know that these are freedoms that some people in other countries are not allowed.  I know that I take them for granted because I do not know life without them.  But I see the danger of losing some, maybe even all of them, and that frightens me.

Which brings me back around to being thankful for the people, both in the military, and in the government who continue to fight for freedom today.

No comments: