Two Tiaras and a Sword

Saturday, November 9, 2013

30 Days of Thankful (9)

I am thankful for a day with nowhere to go.

With a husband who is a pastor, two teenagers who are very busy, and a little princess who has activities to participate in, our lives are very busy.  So days with nothing on the schedule are about as rare as snow storms in the southern states.

Usually we work (go to school) every day, and between church activities, football (JV and Varsity practices plus games), volleyball, cheerleading, (during volleyball/football season) volunteer activies, basketball (girls, JV and Varsity practices and games), cheerleading (during basketball season), homework, projects, extra school activies, Girl Scouts, fundraisers, birthday parties, committee meetings, weddings and funerals, we rarely have breaks in our calendar.  There are days when we put in 13 to 15 hours.  So when we have a totally free day, I am extremely thankful for it.  I love having time to do more than one load of laundry.  I love down time with my husband and kids.  I love just relaxing as a family.  In a world where we are constantly busy, I treasure a day with nowhere to go.

No comments: