Two Tiaras and a Sword

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mad at the Moon

Have you ever been mad at the moon? I have! It happened like this...Just about the time that the sun was going down yesterday evening, my husband reminded me about the Super Moon that was supposed to occur. We walked outside to see it. We had to go across the street, because our trees were in the way, but then there it was! It was absolutely gorgeous!

The young prince came over to see what we were doing (we don't usually stand in the neighbor's yard gazing at the sky), and I asked him to run inside to grab my camera. He was back in a flash (pun definitely intended), and I immediately started going back through pictures so that I could delete something, in order to be able to take new pictures...the last three times I've tried to take pictures I've had to do this, because it keeps sending me this annoying message telling me that my memory card is full. Ugh! I really do not like that message! I guess it's past time to break down and buy a new memory card.  Okay, well, way past time.

So, about the time that I get to the point that I can start deleting pictures, my husband says, "You'd better hurry, because the clouds are going to hide it." And, of course, I get all flustered, trying to hurry, and push the wrong buttons. Then I'm back at square one, trying to go back through to get back to the point where I can delete pictures, just so I can take pictures...you get the picture (again, pun intended). And by the time I get some pictures deleted, the huge, absolutely beautiful moon from just minutes before, is TOTALLY gone. G-O-N-E behind the clouds.



I was a little disappointed. Okay, I was a lot disappointed. I even took a picture of where the huge, beautiful moon had been just mere seconds before. You can't see anything but clouds in the picture. I waited a few minutes, all to no avail. I had missed my opportunity.

Later on in the evening, my husband again invited me out to see the moon . But I told him no, and replied a little petulantly, that I was MAD at the moon! He wisely came back at me, by telling me, that I shouldn't be mad at the moon, but rather, I should be mad at the clouds.

Hmmm. True. The moon didn't go anywhere. It was still there. Right where it had been just seconds before. I just couldn't see it, because the clouds came in, between the moon and I, and hid it from me.  That wasn't the moon's fault.

This made me think. How often, when life gets complicated, and things aren't going the way I think they should, do I get mad at God? Or maybe just a little bit frustrated with Him, and my thoughts sound something like this - "God, I know that you are in control of everything, but are you sure about (fill in the blank here)."

"Lord, did You just see what happened? Are You okay with that?" "Lord, I prayed so hard! But You didn't see fit to answer in the way that I wanted!"

There has even been one really dark period in my life (after my father's death, some job uncertainity, and some housing woes - all at about the same time), when I doubted If He was even there. I couldn't feel His presence, I felt as though He was completely ignoring my pleas. Where WAS God?

Just like last night's moon, God was still right there, but the sin, and sadness, and "busy-ness" of life had just rolled in between us, and was obscuring my view. And just like last night when I wanted to playfully be mad at the moon, and my husband pointed out that it wasn't the moon's fault, I realize all the more clearly, that I have no right to blame God, or be upset when He doesn't show Himself in the ways I think He should. At those times, I need to examine just what it is that has come between the Lord and I, that is keeping Him from my view. Just as sure as I KNEW the moon was right there last night, behind those clouds, I can KNOW that God is ALWAYS there behind ANY circumstance. Even if I can't see Him right at that instant.

That's when I need to examine my heart and life, and see just what it is, that has come between God and I. And when it becomes evident to me, weather it is a trial to make me more like Him, or a sin that needs to be repented of, I pray, and make things right, and the winds of forgiveness, mercy, and grace blow the clouds away, and there God is, just where He has always been! And I can "see" Him again, and rejoice!

Do you have times when you feel like God is not there? Do you feel like your prayers fall unheard? Take a few minutes to carefully examine you heart, and ask Him to reveal what it is that is hiding Him from your sight. Then take care of it, so that you can see Him again!

And the dark time in my life that I mentioned above, where I questioned if God was even there? Of course He was! And He ended up proving He was, by working out circumstances and details that only He could work out. It was absolutely beautiful!

I am praying for you all, that you all have a beautiful day of "seeing" God at work in your lives, in both big and small ways!  KNOW that He is there even when it  may not feel like He is.  And that He is working all things out for your good!  Then give Him the praise for the great things He has done, and will do in your life!

Mark 10:51-52
And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight. 52 And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.

No comments: