Two Tiaras and a Sword

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Because I'm a Teacher, and Teachers Know EVERYTHING

His big brown eyes grew bigger and he sucked in his breath and said, "WOW!!! You REALLY DO know EVERYTHING!!!"

My first year of teaching, I taught a combined first and second grade class. One of the preschool teachers was my helper each afternoon. One of my students had a younger sibling in her class, and she would share Jonathan stories with me each day, as he was often in trouble. So, I knew Jonathan from teaching his older sibling, and from my helper's colorful stories of him.

One day I was sitting at the lunch table with my class, and Jonathan's class was in the process of lining up right beside our table. Jonathan pushed the little boy in front of him. I said, "Jonathan! We do not push!" and proceeded to have him apologize to the other little boy.

My first grade student sitting across the table from me said, "Mrs. Hodges, how did you know his name?"

Feeling playful, I said, "Because I am a teacher, and teachers know EVERYTHING."

To which my student replied, "Okay, if you know EVERYTHING...(it was at this point where I knew I was in serious trouble and immediately began praying for the Lord to return before he could finish his question)...what is God doing RIGHT NOW?"

Whew! No problem! I had this one covered! I answered him, "Nathan, He's watching you."

His big brown eyes grew bigger, and he sucked in his breath and said, "WOW!!! You REALLY DO know EVERYTHING!!!"

It was adorable, and at that moment, I probably could have carried it farther and had him convinced that I was the smartest teacher in the world. But, I didn't. I told Him I was teasing, and that I didn't really know EVERYTHING.

I still don't know everything, or even most things. But one thing I DO know. And that is this...wherever you are right now, God IS watching you. He sees your struggles. He knows your pain. He loves you. So much that He sacrificed His only son to be able to spend eternity with you. He loves you more than anyone else could ever even think of loving you. And you will only find satisfaction for that longing in your soul through a personal relationship with Him. Satisfaction won't come from a boyfriend, or a girlfriend, a husband or wife. It won't come from a different sized clothing. It won't come from being in the "in" crowd. It won't come from a bottle, or a pill. It won't come from better grades, or a newer, faster car. It won't come. It won't come from ANYTHING less than a personal relationship with the God who created you, and knows EXACTLY what you need.

If you don't already have a personal relationship with God, please speak with someone you know who can show you from the Bible how to have that relationship with the God who is watching you right now. The God who loves you and is waiting for you to come to Him. The God who knows EVERYTHING, and that includes your name. Seek Him today. Let Him satisfy that longing in your soul that ONLY He can satisfy.

Oh, and one more thing I know, if you choose to have that personal relationship with Him, you will NEVER regret it.

Isaiah 55:6
Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Acts 2:21
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

John 3:16-17
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.


No comments: