Two Tiaras and a Sword

Saturday, September 24, 2016

September 13-23, 2016

Time flies.  And time has flown.  We have been busy doing just the normal everyday mundane stuff, with a few things thrown in along the way just to keep it interesting.

I won't go through each day, but I will share a few of the highlights with you.

My new washing machine stopped working.  I have decided that washing machines and dryers are my "thorn in the flesh".  This is my new washing machine I am talking about.  The one we bought in July.  They should last more than 2 months shouldn't they?

It is, of course, after just 2 months, still under warranty.  So we had a repair man come out to fix it.  After looking at it for about an hour he said he guessed that it was the "main board", and he would order one.  I won't even.  Proper words escape me.  So, I just won't even.  The part was supposed to be in on Wednesday (of last week).  We call on Wednesday to check on it.  And I know that this is going to surprise you.  I know that you absolutely will be beyond belief, just as we were, when they told us that the part won't be in until NEXT Wednesday.  No problem.  I am so far behind now, that I will never catch up.  What's one more week?  NO PROBLEM.  So, we may be shopping for new clothes soon.  Just to have something clean to wear.  NOT a PROBLEM.  Do you sense a little of my frustration?  My "thorn in the flesh" I tell ya!

We had Beta Club,Student Council, and National Elementary Honor Society induction.  The Young Prince is in the Beta Club and on the Student Council.  The Youngest Princess is in the NEHS.  She had the highest average in her class last year, so she got to read a speech, and is considered an "officer".  Too cute!  She had to tiptoe to see over the pulpit in order to read her speech.  It was adorable.  She also had to light a candle, and she says, "What were they THINKING?!?  Trusting me with Fi-ah!"  Crazy kid!

My Prince and I got to go on a date that we have been trying to go on for about a month.  The washing machine repair man almost messed it up, but thankfully, we managed to squeeze it in.  My Prince took me to a restaurant that I have been wanting to go to for a while.  It  was wonderful.  We went straight there and came straight home.  But it was good food and good company, so I was happy.

The Oldest Princess had a birthday.  Her first birthday away from us.  I worked behind the scenes with a  few of her new college friends, and with their help organized a little party for her.  They were awesome to help me!  I could not have done it without them.  Also, I recorded videos of different people saying Happy Birthday to her, and sent a different one to her about once an hour.  I am thankful to the people who helped me out with that as well.  And I blew up Facebook with pictures representing memories of her over the years.  I had more planned, but I used up all the storage on my phone.  I hate it when that happens!  So I didn't get to finish it like I wanted to, but I think she realized that we love her, even when she is at college on her Birthday.

We had some dear friends come in from the New Orleans area to watch the Young Prince play football and spend this weekend with us.  We had a great time with them last night, and look forward to spending more time with them over the weekend.

The Oldest Princess is on her way home from college as I type, and will be here shortly, so I am going to wrap this up and get off of here.

Until I blog again...

No comments: