Two Tiaras and a Sword

Monday, September 12, 2016

September 12, 2016

I woke up this morning feeling a little tired, but better than I had expected.  I did my First 5 devotion, and then started getting ready.

We had a special Patriot chapel first thing at school.  The speaker had been a Marine, and he did a really good job of talking to the kids about Patriotism and being a good citizen.

After chapel, I felt a little rushed to get everything done.  But we somehow managed to get to it all.  I read to the girls while they did their Penmanship tests.  I was not sure how my class full of girls would like the Josiah books, because they have a lot of action in them.  But they say that they love it, and I am glad, because I love reading them to my class and I love the life lessons that the kids learn from them.

As the afternoon went on, I began feeling bad.  I had a really bad headache, and my eyes were burning like they do when I have a fever.  I did not have a fever, I just felt like I had one.  And I felt queasy, like maybe I needed to eat, but I was afraid to eat because maybe I would be sick.  I just felt yucky.

My Prince came and picked up the Young Prince from school to take him to the doctor to have him checked out after his football injuries.  Pretty much anytime you hit your head, they consider it a concussion.  So, the Young Prince can not play (or do any practice containing contact) for two weeks from last Friday.  There is no game this Friday, so he should be released to play in the game the next Friday.  Unless he has any dizzy spells while running or anything like that, and then he may have to go longer before they will let him play.

From the doctor, they went to the Young Prince's dentist appointment.  Thankfully, he got a good report from his cleaning, and will not need any further work done.

I came home from school by myself.  My Prince was already back home and the Young Prince had gone to school to practice (with no contact).  I took some medicine, and tried to relax and get rid of my headache.  I also tried to eat something in hopes that it would make me feel better.  My Prince went and got the Youngest Princess from tumbling class.

I talked to the Oldest Princess for a few minutes.  She is doing well.  Learning how to balance school and a social life.  She seems to be handling it pretty well.  I know she is stressed and worried about her grades, but I am proud of her and how hard she is working.  I am proud that she has turned down several opportunities to have fun, in order to study, but I am also glad that she is taking the time to make friends and have some fun as well.  I missed her today, probably the most I've missed her so far. I thought that this was supposed to get easier...

I eventually had to go upstairs to bed to try to get over my headache.  My Prince had to go to a meeting, so the Youngest Princess came to the bedroom and studied for her History quiz using Quizlet.

When My Prince came home, the Youngest Princess went downstairs to study with him.  I rested for about an hour, and then went downstairs to spend some time with My Prince before we all went to bed.

The Youngest Princess took her shower, and then we read four (short) chapters from our book.  My Prince came up after we finished reading, and we are ready to get some rest.  I am feeling a little bit better, but I am ready for a good night's sleep.  Hopefully I will wake up feeling much better in the morning.

Until I blog again...

No comments: