Two Tiaras and a Sword

Friday, November 18, 2016

November 18, 2016

I woke up this morning and did my First 5 devotion.  It was really good.  It talked about trying to wrap our minds around the whole "Jesus was fully man, and yet fully God" concept.  It made me think of some things that I had never thought of before.  Definitely gave me some "food for thought" for my day.

At school, we had a "pep rally" first thing this morning.  It was really to surprise one of our senior girls.  Her dad is in the military, and had come home earlier than expected.  It was very, very sweet.

The rest of the day was spent playing "catch up", and finishing everything off before we left for Thanksgiving break.  We did manage to get everything done.  The test grades were not as good as I had hoped, maybe because we had a test or quiz in 5 out of 8 subjects.  I hate it when that happens, but on some days, especially on those days where you are trying to wrap it all up before a semester end or before a holiday break, it does happen.

Our high school let out at 12:00, because our basketball team had a game about two hours away.  Two of my girls have siblings on one of the basketball teams.  I asked their moms if they could stay the whole day at school, instead of checking out early, and then just come home and spend the night with us.  The Youngest Princess and two of her friends would get a sleepover out if it, and I would have all of my students for the whole day, and we would have time to get everything done without any makeup work when we come back after Thanksgiving break.  It was a win/win for everyone!  So, after school, I came home with two extra blessings.

They played outside with the puppy.  They played in the playroom.  They played chase through my living room, dining room and kitchen.  They ate hotdogs for dinner.  They went upstairs to play.  They had their own glow party, and now they are eating ice cream and watching Finding Dory.

Who knows what the rest of the night holds, but I have no doubt it will be fun.  My Prince and the Young Prince have rented a couple of movies to watch in the Young Prince's room, far away from all the "girly-ness".  I figure I will spend the rest of the evening entertaining and feeding all the "girly-ness".

So, until I blog again...


1 comment:

Lewis Clark said...

That is really good post, you are a busy person but good to see manage to get time for yourself. Thank you for sharing your experience