Two Tiaras and a Sword

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

November 15, 2016

I am typing this on my phone. So please excuse any mistakes my fumbling thumbs may make.

Today started out as usual.  I woke up early and did my First 5 devotion. Then I got ready for school.

At school, the girls were very talkative and energetic.  I had to get out Bob (the Book Of  Blurt) to get them to settle down.  Math was a little bit of a challenge today.  Fractions.  The struggle is real.  There are just so many steps that they have to remember, and they get confused.

Running long in math pretty much put us behind for the whole day.  And then we worked on prepositional phrases in Language, and that was pretty much all she wrote folks.  It should be illegal to have to teach fractions AND prepositional phrases in the same day.  Plus we had library which put us even further behind.

I had a student who was absent and missed a penmanship test.  So she had to make that up.  I had another student who left early yesterday, and missed a different penmanship test and had to make that up.  My student who was in Taiwan is back now, so we tried to spend every spare second catching her as back up to speed as possible.  Especially before we leave for Thanksgiving break and put a whole 'nother week between her and being caught up.  We had band (two different times of band), and today was the first home game for the junior varsity boys.  All but thee of my girls cheer, so they were super excited about that.  Throw in a super moon, and you have a recipe for craziness.  It is a wonder that we accomplished anything at all.  But some days, you just take what you can get.  Today was one of those days.

After school, the cheerleaders stayed and ate the pre-game meal, so I went home by myself.  The Young Prince was already home, and My Prince got home shortly thereafter.  We went to a local restaurant and grabbed a quick dinner before going back to the school to watch the Youngest Princess  cheer for the game.

It was a good game.  Our boys played hard and won.  Our girls did  great job cheering them on.

After the game, we came home and the Youngest Princess finished up her homework.  The Young Prince went to the fire station for his first volunteer fire fighter meeting.

The Oldest Princess called and we talked to her while the Youngest Princess got ready for bed.  Then the Youngest Princess and I read the first chapter of our new book.  When we were done, the Youngest Princess promptly fell asleep.

The Young Prince got home from his meeting.  He told us a little about it, and then took a quick shower.  Now he is watching a basketball game on tv, eating sunflower seeds, and doing homework.

My Prince is sleeping, and I am about to be doing the same.  Going to bed counting down the days until we see the Oldest Princess for Thanksgiving.

Until I blog again...


4 comments:

essay best said...

Simple and nice. Tricia your blog is like your personal diary. It's like you are talking to us. I like how you write. Makes me want to think about writing a blog myself.

Tricia said...

Thank you! I hope you do start your own blog :-)!

Get your knives said...

I always enjoys a great narrative esp the one which is filled with both humor and some form of suspense. Some great talent of storytelling right there!

Sophie Grace said...

I all the time emailed this webpage post page to all my friends, because if like to read it after that my contacts will too. Reading nice stories on instagram, please go to site piknu