Two Tiaras and a Sword

Monday, June 13, 2016

June 8 - 12, 2016

The saying goes that time flies when you are having fun.  My Prince likes to say that time flies whether your are are having fun or not.  I guess either way.  Having fun or not, time has flown.  I sat down to blog this morning, thinking it had only been a couple of days since I had last blogged.  But um, no.  It has been almost a whole week!  A whole week has flown by like a couple of days! And I was hoping to get caught up and stay caught up.  And I really need to get back into the habit of blogging at night.  But the mornings are just so much more peaceful, with most of my clan at work, and the Youngest Princess still asleep or just waking up...Anyway, hopefully soon I will find my rhythm again.  And until then, I will blog when I can.

Since I last blogged, we finished up VBS.  It was a fantastic year!  I loved the theme and the curriculum this year.  The kids had a blast.  The workers had a blast as well.  We had a total of 10 kids and 1 adult come to know the Lord as their personal Savior, and one adult who rededicated her life by the time the glitter had settled, and the decorations had come down.  That my friends, is VERY EXCITING!  And as wonderful as that all is, it was not a perfect week.  There were trials, discouragements, and issues along the way as well.  Our mascot for the week even ended up giving his little flashing fishy life for the cause before all was said and done.  It was a sad night for those of us who knew.  Thankfully there was a backup waiting to take his place and the children were none the wiser.  But, in the end, we have 12 precious souls who are now ready to live for Christ!  Making the trials seem small, and not so bad after all.

We had a couple of days to recoup after VBS and before Sunday morning.

I had one evening to sit outside and watch the Youngest Princess play while the fireflies flitted in the dusk around her.

Grammy and Poppy made it safely back to us from their trip.

My Prince and I attended a high school graduation. The classes of '64, '65, and '66.  Not our own.  My Prince was invited to say the prayer.  It was fun, being a fly on the wall so to speak, and watching them reconnect and reminisce about the "good old days".  And really, they did grow up in the "good old days".  I was a little envious of the simple world they knew as kids.  Things were definitely different then.  And "progress" is not always a good thing.  I guess I am an "old soul" as they say, but I had fun hanging out with them, making new friends and hearing their stories.

Church was wonderful both Sunday morning, and Sunday night.  I had Children's church during the morning service.  We had a good time learning about the blessing of friends, and singing VBS songs. The service went a little long, and I teased my prince that he owed me time and a half pay.  But from what I hear the adult service was very good, and God was moving.  So all was well.

In discipleship training, the teacher started a study on one of my favorite books of the Bible.  Judges. Strange I know, but it is full of exciting stories of God restoring His people back to Him.  I love the different and sometimes crazy ways, people, things, that God used to bring His people back.  I love that we serve a longsuffering God, and that He will pursue us time and time again.  Anyway, I usually have a small group during that time, so I asked the teacher if I could have copies of his notes each week.  I teach Judges to my 5th graders as we work our way through the O.T. and I am hoping that I might learn something new to make my lessons deeper and more exciting.

The Sunday night service was good as well.  We prayed for our group that is going to World Changers next week.  Exciting times!  We get to do VBS all over again, in a different church, in a different city, in a different state even.  With a whole new group of kids.  With the potential of changing another whole group of people's lives!  We are ready and chomping at the bit to get there and get started!

After the service, we had a World Changer's meeting, and that made me even more excited to go. Then we went to eat with a couple of couples from our church.  Good food, and good fellowship.  A great way to end a good weekend.

And those are the highlights to get us caught up once again.

Until I blog again...

No comments: