Two Tiaras and a Sword

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Give me a child who...

Give me a child who listens respectfully, while receiving directions, THEN thoughtfully asks questions.

A child who is not thinking of questions, and interrupting an adult to get their questions answered before ALL of the directions have been given.

This is something we must remind our own children from time to time.

I am all about a child who asks thoughtful questions.  I welcome questions when they do not understand something, or want to have a clearer understanding of an issue.  That is the way they learn.  I love when they think deeper than the surface issues and want to know more.

But, a child who listens carefully, and thoughtfully to all instructions and directions before firing off questions, is a child who will stand out in a group.  This is a child that will follow through, and see that the task is done correctly.

No comments: