Two Tiaras and a Sword

Sunday, June 12, 2011

An Overflowing Heart

Okay, please indulge with me in a "proud mommy moment".

We were giving testimonies during the church service tonight. One man gave a testimony about my young prince, and his giving with a cheerful heart during the offering. He really does have a heart for the Lord and he often does give of his own money with a joyful spirit...tonight it was just noticed by someone else :-).

Then another man stood and told how my prince is always respectful and looks him in the eye when they speak. This too, thrilled my heart. We do our best to teach them...but we never can be sure when the rubber actually meets the road...I was excited to know that he is respectful even when I'm not watching.

Then yet another lady stood up and told about how when she was going through her Chemo treatments, my young prince would come to her and tell her that he was praying for her :-).

I was definitely a proud mommy!!! And it thrilled my heart for others to affirm my child in public like that. He is such a sensitive guy, and I feel like I've had to fuss at him quite a bit lately for different things. God knew that he needed some public praise. I have to say that I have been blessed beyond measure to have three great children. Tonight is my young prince's night, and I am PROUD to be his mommy.

Proverbs 20:11 Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right.

No comments: