Wow. 2013 was a slow blogging year for me. Well, it was a slow year for me to actually push the publish button is more accurate. I wrote tons, I just didn't share as much publicly this year. Some were time sensitive, and would be better shared after the fact. Some I didn't feel were "good enough" to share. Others, I wrote just as "therapy" for myself, with no intention of ever sharing. I continued my Thankful Thursdays, I just didn't publish them, because they are something that I feel very strongly about and do not want to stop doing them, but I also felt that some of you were getting tired of reading them. Or just skipping them altogether. Our family was crazy busy with two active teens and a little one, and I didn't have as much time to sit and write like I would like to. So. It is what it is. And without further ado…here are my Top Ten Blog posts of 2013…
1. A Giveaway - I was blessed to be able to partner with Mindy at The Child Training Bible when the new Virtue Training Bible came out. I received one Virtue Training Bible to use and review, and one to giveaway on my blog. It is an excellent tool in helping to teach and train our children, and I highly recommend it. I also learned that if you want serious traffic on your blog, give something away! Feel free to click on the link and read my review, but the giveaway is over, so the chance to win one has come and gone. You can always go on over to The Child Training Bible, and buy one, they are very reasonably priced, and I know you will love it as much as I do.
2. If You Ever Wish to Date My Daughter - Okay, so I usually do my best writing when I am touched emotionally, or passionate about something. This topic is obviously something that a lot of you (moms of girls and guys alike) are passionate about as well. This blog post was my most shared post - a huge thank you and hugs to those of you who shared it! I really felt the love on this one (smile). - so it got quite a bit of traffic. I woke up one morning, and saw something on a social media site that really bothered me. The result was this blog. If you haven't read it yet, hopefully you will read it and enjoy it.
3. All She Needs to Do is Ask - We have worked with, or in close connection to, teens during our whole ministry. Nothing gets to me as much as teens who KNOW to do right and chooses to do wrong, or gives in to peer pressure and makes mistakes. Life altering mistakes. I heard a particular instance of a teen we loved dearly who made a big mistake, and found out we had been very close to the whole situation. If only she had spoken up. We would have been there for her. As it stood, we had no idea. Hindsight is 20/20 they say. I just wanted to let the kids we love so much know that we are there for them - ANYTIME - and for ANY REASON. All they need to do is ASK.
4. Praying He Has a Warm Place to Sleep Tonight - This is probably the biggest life changing event that I blogged about this year. It was also shared by many of you. So, I know it touched you too. This man touched my heart in ways that words can not explain. We still pray for him, especially on cold nights. I wish there was some way to know for sure where he is and how he is doing. I pray that everyone has a chance to meet, help, and be blessed by someone like him at least once in their lifetime.
5. Our Christmas in the Country that Almost Wasn't - Part 1 - Again, we are SO thankful that we were able to go. Look at the memories we would have missed out on if we had not be able to go. We love our family and seriously appreciate every second we have with them.
6. Our Christmas in the Country that Almost Wasn't - Part 2 - Because like I said, there was just too much for one blog post.
7. Our Christmas in the Country (2012) - Last year's crazy Christmas in the Country. I love my family, and we always have a blast when we are together. Makes for GREAT writing material. And I guess good reading material too, because you all keep coming back for more.
8. She's…7! - The youngest princess…she always gets good ratings. I keep telling her daddy that she needs an agent, and she could make us a lot of money! But seriously, THAT is not what we want for her life. So, we enjoy her personality ourselves, and share a little of her with you all from time to time.
9. The Youngest Princess Says… - Always a hit and always good for a laugh, or at least a smile. The most popular Youngest Princess Says of 2013.
10. Who Are You Listening To? - One of my personal favorites from 2013. It was one of my hardest to write, and actually hit the publish button on. I hope if you haven't read it yet, you will read it and that it will speak to your heart.
So there you are. The top ten blog posts of 2013. I hope that something I write, touches you in some way. I love you and appreciate you taking the time to read my ramblings, and share a little of life along the way. I pray that you all have a great day and a wonderful, blessed 2014!!