Two Tiaras and a Sword

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

All She Needs to Do is Ask

I heard something the other day that has weighed heavy on my heart ever since.  I so wish I could look that young lady in the eyes and tell her how precious and loved she is.

How valuable she is.

How much more she deserves than to allow herself to be used by some jerk for his selfish desires. Maybe she didn't think he was a selfish jerk then, but I bet if we asked her today, she would say that is exactly what he is.

 How God's way is always best.

I wonder if she were completely honest with me, would she go back and do things differently?  Would she have spoken up?  Would she have asked for help?    

Did she even want help?  

I know for a fact that there were people there that would have helped her.  I was one of those people, I just didn't know she needed help.  Had she just spoken up!  

God, please help me to equip my own girls so that they are prepared to stand up and ask for help if they are ever in a circumstance they don't want to be in!  May they, with God's help be strong enough to withstand temptation or seek His help when they are weak.

1 Corinthians 10:13  There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man:but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

I am praying this young lady's relationship with The Lord is restored, and that she does not continue down the path that she has begun.

If I could look her in the eye today, I would tell her that God loves her SO much.

That He has a plan for her life.

A plan for her to have the best life possible.

That it's not too late.

That I am praying for her, and that I am still available to help.  

All she needs to do is ask.

Maybe you are that young lady.  It's never too late to ask for help.

Maybe you know a young lady like her.  Be a voice of reason in her life.  Help her find the help she  needs to get back on the proper path.

*To be clear, I am not talking about one of my own girls, although unless we teach them and equip them, I very well could be.  The young lady is a young lady that we have ministered to in the past. 

No comments: