Two Tiaras and a Sword

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 25

Today I am thankful for holidays.  I am thankful for my favorite holiday which is Thanksgiving, because for a while at least, most people give some thought to how blessed they are, and give God the credit for it.   I am also thankful for Thanksgiving, because it is the only holiday where we focus on what we already have, instead of what we want.  I also love Thanksgiving, because we get to eat one of my favorite things...turkey!  If you are what you eat, I'm a big turkey, because I've eaten plenty of it this year!

I'm thankful for holidays because they bring families together.  We get to see, and spend time with family members who may normally live far away.  I love the joking and laughter that goes on when we get together.

I love holiday music.  I love holiday decorations.  I love that it is cold outside, but warm and cozy inside. I love the memories holiday evoke.  I love that my wonderful mother and father-in-law were here and helped us with our decorating this year.  I love the excitement in the children's eyes.

I am thankful for having a reason to celebrate.  If Jesus had never come to earth, there would be no Christmas.  But He did come, because He loves us so.  He wanted to do His Father's will, and make a way for us to go to heaven.  And THAT is something we can all be thankful for!

No comments: