Two Tiaras and a Sword

Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Stars at Night...

If you know me, then you know it is true that you can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take the Texas out of the girl. It has been entirely too long since I've been to Texas. Of course this trip was super fast, but we managed to accomplish quite a bit.

On the way in, at the state line, we had to stop and take a couple of pictures...


Then when we got there, we had some time to visit with the cousins, before going out to eat some wonderful Tex-Mex.

The next morning we were up early to get across town for my nephew's college graduation. We were able to get some good pictures, and have some fellowship time after the graduation, before we headed back across town for a couple of hours of down time.




Then we got ready and headed back across town to see said newly graduated nephew in his church's Christmas play.  No pictures of this, because I didn't know if they would even let me take my camera in.  Let me just say...(We interrupt your not so regularly scheduled blog to make this public service announcement) if you live anywhere near the Houston area, it is WAY worth the time, effort, and nominal fee ($5.00) to see Second Baptist's Christmas program...WOW! It was absolutely wonderful. Our children were mesmerized the entire time. Top notch, all the way. If you missed it this year, go ahead, make plans NOW to NOT miss it next year. You will thank me.

After the program, all of the nieces, and nephews except one, went out to eat...more Tex-Mex of course! Said newly graduated nephew, now turned famous actor, invited his girlfriend to come along, and we were all glad to meet her. She was very sweet. I hope we didn't scare her to death. While we were eating yummy Tex-Mex, the oldest nephew and his sweet wife made the announcement that they are expecting a baby in July!! Exciting times! I'm going to be a Great Aunt!! Well, of course I am already a "great" Aunt (wink, wink)...now I'm going to be a "great" Great Aunt!!

Then home to catch a few hours of sleep before heading out to Louisiana to meet up with the rest of the family for the Louisiana Family Christmas Party...which my friends, is an entirely different blog in and of itself...

So, with the exception of stopping by the cemetery, we accomplished everything we wanted to, under that big Texas sky. And, I'll be back. Hopefully sooner than later, but most definitely in July, so I can practice my "great" Great Aunt skills.

No comments: