Two Tiaras and a Sword

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Do You Have True Freedom?

I am a patriot. I love my country. I love the people who have fought for it, and shaped it into what it is today (well most of what it is today). I thank God for the freedoms that we as Americans are blessed to experience. The more I read and learn of other countries, the more thankful I am to be an American. Some of us will never have any idea just how blessed we are.

Yet in my reflections of being an American, and our country's freedom, I can't help but think of another form of freedom that I am blessed to call mine. That is my spiritual freedom. The freedom to choose to follow God, and to be free from the bondage of sin. The Bible says in John 8:32, "ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

So, what is this truth that I know? What is this truth that gives me spiritual freedom? It is also found in the Bible. This time in John 14:6, "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Yes,as Americans we have more freedoms than most people in the world. Yet even as Americans, we do not have true freedom, unless we have accepted Christ as our personal savior. He is the way to true freedom. Freedom from the pull, and hold of sin. Freedom from death and everlasting torment in hell. Freedom to live life as He planned it to be lived, abundantly, and joyously. Freedom to live forever in Heaven.

Do you have true freedom? If not, I invite you to accept Christ as your personal savior. Experience true freedom today!

No comments: