Two Tiaras and a Sword

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thankful Thursday 28

*For a great holiday with the whole family

*For simple pleasures that make us smile and bring us closer

*For sweet friends and American traditions

*For more food than we can eat

*For great friends for our children

*For a house FULL of kids and hearts full of love and joy

*For a fun outing on a rainy day

*For lunch (that almost turned into dinner) with friends

*For restraraunts that don't have time limits on how long you can stay

*For the oldest princess putting into practice something that she has learned

*For finding sandals for the youngest princess

*For friends who are like family

*For lots of rain that makes my Elephant Ear plant very happy

*For Sunday School lessons that encourage my heart

*For messages that speak to my heart and step on my toes

*For fellowship

*For mud...it's a long story, but I really am thankful for mud

*For safety

*For rest

*For a fun outing for the young prince and some of his friends

*For help from the oldest princess to tear out pages

*For help from the oldest princess with dinner

*For entertainment and laughter provided by the youngest princess

*For the words, "Mom, I need some advice."

*For getting some things accomplished that I've been putting off

*For a great meeting with a sweet young lady who loves the Lord

*For a fun night for the oldest princess with her youth group friends

*For an exciting opportunity that I CAN'T WAIT to share with you all

*For encouragement

*For having fun acting out, and making Bible stories come alive with a great group of kids

*For the opportunity to help those in need

*For a chance to tell new people about Jesus and how much He loves them, and cares for them

*For the chance to see prayer work in mighty ways

*For other answers to prayer, even if that answer is heartbreaking, and not the answer I wanted, because it reminds me that God's ways are higher than my ways, and helps me to trust that He sees the big picture, when I just see a tiny piece of the puzzle.  I may not understand now, but one day it will be clear, and as the song goes, when I can't see His hand, I must trust His heart.  Romans 8:28

For all these things, and many, many more, I am thankful to the Lord!



2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I always look forward to your posts.

The last item on your list today really hits home - agreeing with you whole-heartedly!


-Elizabeth

Tricia said...

Elizabeth,
You are such an encouragement, and inspiration to me!! It is easy to be thankful when everything is going good. But it takes it to an entirely different level when you are thankful even in the really tough times. I know you are smack dab in the middle of tough right now, and yet you continue to find things to be thankful for. That is living faith right there, and you are one of my living heroes! I pray for you and your family daily!
Tricia