Two Tiaras and a Sword

Saturday, March 26, 2011

A World of Uncertainties

Hebrews 13:5-6 states..."Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.  So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me."

This world is FILLED with uncertainties.  And although I have not lived as tough a life as many people I know, I have faced trials and tough times.  Yet through it all, one thing is as certain as it gets...God will never leave me nor forsake me.  He will walk with me through every twist and turn in my life.

A few examples:
1. "You are having contractions 5 min. apart.  I'm sending you to the hospital to see if we can stop the labor" -God was there.
2.  Three months of complete bed rest to ensure the birth of a healthy baby...with a one year old toddler. - God was there. 
3.  Our boss says, "I'm moving to a new ministry." Our lives are instantly on shaky ground.  Will the new pastor want us to stay?  Or do we need to begin looking for a new ministry as well?  - God was there.
 4.  Our lease was up. A For Sale sign was in the yard.  Do we buy the house uncertain of our future in the ministry there? Or do we look for a new place to live?  - God was there.
5. "Mom took Dad to the hospital today.  He couldn't breathe.  You might need to come home." - God was there.
6.  "The rehab center called.  Dad took a turn for the worse.  We need to get to the hospital now." - God was there.
7.  "There is nothing further we can do.  The family needs to make a decision.  We will meet at 2:00 tomorrow." - God was SO there.
8. When we buried him.  - God was there
9.  "It is cancer.  Next to my spine.  They want to do treatments to see if they can shrink it." -God was there.
10.  "I'm in so much pain, sometimes I just pray to God to go ahead and take me home." - God was there.
11.  When she needed me to help her just to do some of the most basic functions of life, and I had to return the favor for all she had done for me all my life. -God was there.
12. When we buried her next to my Daddy.. -God was there.
13.  "You are definitely pregnant, but we are not finding a heartbeat.  It could be that it is too early.  We are going to send you for some blood work, and then we want you to come back next week for another ultrasound." - God was there.
14.  When she was born 9 months later, and the Dr. rejoiced and prayed with us. - God was there.
15.  When we did change ministries, and my son had a terrible time adjusting. -God was there.
16.  When I realized we were dealing with a learning disability. - God was there.
17.  When we learned that my mother-in-love is facing cancer.  Again.  For the THIRD time. - God is here.
18.  When we learn a beautiful child in our extended family has leukemia, and a long battle ahead of her. -God is here.
20.  When it seems as though the world has gone crazy around us and countries are fighting amongst themselves. - God is here.
21.  When the earth trembles, and waves wipe out whole communities.  -God is here.
22.  When my own little corner of the world is upended, and my life as I know it may change, and everything around me seems uncertain...God is here.

I don't know about you...but I just needed those verses and that list..The reminder that in a world of uncertainties, one thing is certain, and that is the fact that God always has been, is, and always will be with me.  He will never leave me nor forsake me.  He will walk with me through every trial that comes my way, and when we (the Lord and I) walk out on the other side.  I will be more like Him and He will receive the honor and glory for it.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Patricia,
Thank you so much for sharing your blog!! I understand the fear of doing it. I just did it recently myself, and it scared me to death to put it out there, because that was putting my heart on the line for so many to see. But I definitely needed this post today!!! There is so much that has been crowding my mind, but what a blessing to be reminded that God is there! This is why it so great to go ahead and share our blogs because we never know how the Lord could use them for someone else. Thanks for doing this and sharing!! Great job!! It is wonderful!! :)