Two Tiaras and a Sword

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Who Let the Dog Out?

One of the backyard dogs got out this morning.  My Prince was sitting at his desk doing his work, and he jumped up and yelled, "I need all hands on deck!  H is out!"  So the Youngest Princess and I sprang into action.  The Youngest Princess was in the middle of her first class of the day and still in her pajamas.  She ran upstairs to throw on some clothes.  I ran to make sure that Pup was where he could not get out of the house with the door open.  He had somehow gotten a small roll of toilet paper (Gasp!!! NO PUP!!!! NOT THE TOILET PAPER!!!!!! Here! Chew on my gold necklace instead!  It is less valuable!) and was having a good time tearing it up.  I as quickly (and I do mean as QUICKLY) as possible got it away from him, and made sure he could not get out of the living room.  We were also in the middle of fixing breakfast, and the timer on the oven chose that exact moment to go off.  I ran to check on the bacon.  The Youngest Princess, The Oldest Princess (who had been upstairs studying) and I then all ran out to help corral the dog back in.  Trust me when I tell you he is almost as big as a horse, and it would take us all to get him back in.  The Youngest Princess caught him on the neighbor's front porch.  We lured him as close as we could with food, and then finally My Prince just picked him up and hauled him to the backyard. Crisis averted. We are still not sure how he got out.  If you live close and see a HUGE black lab roaming the streets, he probably belongs to us.

That is how today started.  But yesterday well...

Yesterday was pretty much a "normal" day.  As far as normal days go these days.  The girls and I got up and got started with our work here.  Me doing my Bible study, and the girls doing their school work.

My Prince and the Young Prince were both off to work themselves.

The girls and I decided to go to one of our local fruit/veggie stands and get some strawberries.  We took Pup along for the ride.  When we got there, they were out of strawberries, but told me that they would have some first thing the next morning.  We were not ready to head home just yet, so we decided to ride around for a few minutes.  We played Left or Right.  And whenever we came to a choice in the road, one of us would call out left or right, and that is the way we would go.  We saw some places that we have not seen before, and it was good to enjoy some different scenery.

We came home and ate lunch.  Then we hung out on the porch.  I did a little work in the flower bed.  The girls read and studied.  My Prince came home and sat with the girls on the porch for a while.  Our friend/new neighbor pulled up with a load of big stuff, so My Prince and the Youngest Princess ran over to help.  I finished what I was doing in the flower bed and the Oldest Princess, Pup, and I headed over to see if we could help as well.  They were just finishing up, so we stood (at a good distance) and visited for a minute.

We came home and the Youngest Princess finished her History test.  I had a terrible headache - I know it was from all the pollen and being outside for a while - so I took a short nap.  I did not sleep well, and was not able to get rid of my headache.  But, it was time to fix dinner.  So I came down to do just that.  I realized that we were out of the spice I use on my chicken.  I used it all the last time I fried chicken.  I had a different kind that I could use and was planning on using that, when My Prince announced that we did not have enough cooking oil.  He had been to the store earlier and had forgotten to get some.  SOOOOOO...he said he would just run and get something for us to eat.  My head was still pounding, so I went back upstairs to lay down again.

My phone alerted me to the fact that My Prince left home.  I text him to let him know that I loved him and was praying for him.  The Youngest Princess came in to let me know that the Young Prince was going to pick up a pizza for us to eat for dinner.  The Young Prince called me from Walmart, but the connection was terrible.  He hung up and text me.  He wanted to know something about a spray fragrance for Pup. Y'all.  This is our first indoor dog, and he stinks!!!  If he is out in the yard for any length of time at all, he stinks!!  So we try to brush him and spray him with doggy perfume each time we have gone out and come back in.  Our first bottle of perfume was about empty and we are having a hard time ordering some online.  Thankfully the Young Prince found some.

I watched My Prince do church online.  I hate that we are having to do church this way, but I love that we have the ability to do it and that we are not missing church all together.  I love seeing who is watching with me, and I love it when friends from my past join in and watch as well.  We have lived lots of places, and it is like a mini reunion just knowing that friends from other states are watching My Prince with me.  I also love seeing and hearing stories of those who would never go to church but are watching online services and their lives are being changed.  It is extremely encouraging to me.

Speaking of church online, for kid's church, we were supposed to play a game where the kids do their best barnyard animal impressions, but since we can't all be together for them to do that, I asked the parents to record the kids doing their barnyard animal sounds so we could put them all together and show them after the recorded lesson for Sunday morning.  My kids and parents did not let me down.  I got videos of precious kiddos doing barnyard animal impressions all day long.  It made me smile and miss them all even more.  I can't wait to put it all together and see the finished product!  I think the kids will enjoy it.

The Oldest Princess found a box of VHS tapes.  Things like My Prince singing with his college ensemble, and some of me doing my student teaching, and of my high school Scarlet spring show.  She and My Prince worked hard to get our old VCR hooked up to our television so that we could watch them last night, but they never could figure out how to make it work.   We were all a little disappointed at not getting to watch them.  Maybe we can figure it out and watch them sometime soon.  It would be great for something to make us laugh for sure.

We watched a show about Disney weddings instead, and talked about our Disney memories.  The Youngest Princess does not remember going, because she was so young the last time we went.  She and the Oldest Princess started looking up prices and how we could save up and go.  Maybe one day, girls, maybe one day.

I woke up this morning with my head feeling MUCH better.  My Prince and I went back to the local fruit/veggie stand to get some strawberries, but they said that they did not have any and probably would not until Saturday.  Two strike outs on trying to get strawberries.  But I will be there Saturday morning in hopes of getting some then.  It gives me something to look forward to.

The girls have worked on school off and on again today.  I have worked on my Bible study on and off all morning.  The Oldest Princess and I have rearranged a few things so that she can have a desk area of her own.  She was feeling industrious and decided to wash her car and ours.  Woo Hoo!

I have tried to avoid going outside and being in all of the pollen that is everywhere right now.  And thankfully, my head has not started hurting today.  Allergies are for the birds.  I am thankful that when we get to heaven, we won't have to worry about allergies ANY MORE.

And that my friends, is what we have been up to.  I thought I would blog daily, but I'm afraid I will bore you all with the mundane things going on.  I will just say that I hope to blog again when something worth writing about happens.  Until then...

No comments: