Two Tiaras and a Sword

Sunday, January 1, 2017

December 31, 2016

I woke up and watched my First 5 video and did my Bible reading.  I checked in on the eagles and saw that one of the eggs had hatched overnight.  I knew that the Youngest Princess would be thrilled to wake up and find that one of them had hatched.  Pretty soon I heard the pitter patter of little feet flying down the stairs.  It was the Youngest Princess.  She had come down to tell me that one of the babies had hatched.  We talked about it for a minute, and then she was back upstairs.

I got some cleaning and laundry done, while the girls played.  They wanted to play outside so badly, but it was cold and drizzling, so they didn't get to play out much.  It was pretty much an inside sort of day.

My Prince ran the roads getting some things we needed and getting ready for Sunday morning.  Then he did a little studying and watched a little football with the Young Prince.

I made some chocolate covered pretzels to take with us to the get together that we were going to go to that night.

The Young Prince and the Oldest Princess went with My Prince to the church to help him move some bricks and things to the platform, so that he could decorate for our new Foundations series.

I talked to my sister for a few minutes on the telephone.  It was good to catch up with her, and I am glad to hear that she is doing well.

Pretty soon it was time to meet the Youngest Princess's friend's dad, and then go to our friends' house for our New Year's Eve get together.

We stopped and got some pizzas for the kids, and then we went to our friends' house.  We ate some great pork loin, and fixings to go with it.  We enjoyed some good fellowship.  We played cards, and we laughed the New Year in.

There were no fireworks this time.  After one truck fire and one lost dog in past years, we decided that there would be no fireworks to ring in 2017.

After midnight, we headed home.  We got home and My Prince still had a little studying to do, so the Youngest Princess snuggled with me.  She was not sleepy, and wanted to talk.  I was sleepy and did not want to talk.  Plus I knew that it would be hard to get up and get moving in the morning for church.  The Youngest Princess went to her bed, and I fell promptly to sleep.  Such an exciting end to a year full of changes.

Until I blog again...