Two Tiaras and a Sword

Monday, December 5, 2016

November 23 - December 5th, 2016

I don't know if it is blogger, or our computer, or our wi-fi, or what, but I have had a time trying to post my last blog, and I've fallen behind on keeping up with everything since then.  So, the last two weeks or so in a quick whirl-wind blog.  Definitely not day by day, because there is no way I can remember everything, and it would be way too long of a blog if I did.

We left on the 23rd to visit the Oldest Princess at college.  It was wonderful to see her and her friends the Crazy One and the Quiet One.  We stayed very busy the whole time we were there.  There were Church Services, and volleyball playoffs (we got to watch the Oldest Princess play again!), and birthday celebrations (with a very interestingly decorated cookie cake), and  Praise Services, and Soccer Championships (the team that I cheered for back in college was actually in the championship - just like old times - so it was really cool!), and Thanksgiving Day lunch, and Fine Arts (A Christmas Carol), and meeting up with precious friends, and Alumni Basketball games, and Alumni gatherings, and  family fun and silliness and selfies in-between.  It was a fun, busy time.  And it passed by all too fast.  It was time to come home, way too soon.  We left our girl yelling out how many days until she would see us again.

Church was wonderful on Sunday the 27th, and after church, we went and picked out a Christmas tree.  That night we had our very first Hanging of the Greens.  It was very interesting.  I enjoyed the service.  If you have ever heard of the book, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, you will understand when I say that I deemed this year's Hanging of the Greens, The Best Hanging of the Greens Ever.  But it was absolutely precious and memorable, and I look forward to doing it again next year.

The school week went by pretty much as much as usual.  Monday afternoon we decorated our Christmas tree.  We decided to forgo the fancy tree this year and use all of the family ornaments.  It was fun hanging them on the tree and remembering Christmases past.  The Youngest Princess cheered at games on Tuesday night and Thursday night.  The Young Prince was voted in as a Volunteer Firefighter at a local Fire Station on Tuesday night.  He also worked his first full week in the afternoons after school.  We had church on Wednesday night.  Friday night we bought the Youngest Princess an early Christmas present (navy converse shoes), so she can wear them in the school Christmas play, and then we went out to eat to celebrate the Young Prince's birthday.  He wanted to go to a hibachi restaurant, so we went, and ate until we couldn't eat any more, and then we even brought home leftovers.

Saturday, the Young Prince went to work, and the rest of us hung out here at home getting various things done.  I worked on getting some of our winter clothes out of storage, and putting up some of our warmer clothes.  I also spent some time shelling pecans that one of our precious church members left as a surprise on our porch.

Sunday morning was the Children's Breakfast.  Then it was my turn to teach in extended care.  I had a fun time with the little ones teaching them about Jesus' birth.  After church, we came home and ate lunch, and then took the Youngest Princess to her Christmas Piano recital.  She did great.  I was a very proud mommy.  From the piano recital, it was straight to the church to drop My Prince and the Youngest Princess off at choir practice.  The Young Prince and I came home for about an hour and then we went back to the church also.  My small group went well.  It was our first week of doing our HEAR journals, and I loved seeing how God spoke to each of us through our Bible studies during the week.  After small group, the Children's Choir sang during the service.  It was a precious service.  I was very proud of all of the students who sang.  They all did a great job.

Today was a good day at school.  The girls are excited and giggly and their attentions spans are short, but we get as much done as possible.  After school we had our teacher's meeting, and then it was home to work on homework.  We ate dinner.  My Prince and the Young Prince left to go to prayer meeting at church, and the Youngest Princess finished up her homework and got ready for bed.

We watched Eloise at Christmastime (one of the Youngest Princess's favorite Christmas movies).  Now we are going to go read our chapter of Anne of Avonlea, and then get some rest so we will be ready for tomorrow.

And I think that catches you up on the main things that happened.

Until I blog again...


write essay for me said...

well written part of a story can be brought clearly into imagination.evening spent with close friends is always worth the while.

Home Inspector Queens said...

haha.. well, it happens most often than not in our lives. sometime we forget to perform a particular task and sometimes the surrounding effect. I hope that everything is fine now. Keep the things up to date