Two Tiaras and a Sword

Saturday, August 27, 2016

August 26, 2016

I woke up and started my morning with my First 5 devotion.   It went along very well with My Prince's sermon from last Sunday morning.  We need be willing to do whatever it takes to carry the salvation message to a lost and dying world.  Paul says in I Corinthians that he became a slave to reaching others with the Gospel.  I don't know about you.  But that convicts me.  To my core.  I must be more proactive in reaching others with the Gospel of Christ.  I finished getting ready while letting that sink and and meditating on those thoughts.

The Youngest Princess wanted us to match, so she had our matching outfits (t-shirts) all planned out.  I think it is sweet that she does not have a problem with matching her mom.  It made me happy to match her all day.

School went well.  Music class was cancelled, so I had an extra 30 minutes that I had not planned for.  I was excited though, because I thought we could fit in an art project.  But, alas, that was not meant to be.  We took longer to get things done than I had wanted, and we ended up finishing our regular work right on time, so we did not get to do the art project.  I was a little bummed, but hopefully as we move along and the girls get the hang of how things work, they will finish things faster and we will have time for some fun things like art.

I hung the new curtain that the Oldest Princess made for my classroom window while the girls were at PE.  My Prince came a little early and helped me finish hanging it.  They were so excited when they came back to the room and saw it.  I really do like it, and they do too.  It is super cute.  The Oldest Princess did a great job!

After school I ran into the mom of one of the students who graduated with the Oldest Princess.  She has been at college for a little over a week now.  We talked a little about it and how they were all doing.  Ugh!  I so do not look forward to this!  But I am trying really hard to be stay positive and upbeat.  I know we will survive, and adjust.  I know it will all be fine.  I just have my moments.

After school, I got home and the Oldest Princess and My Prince were both here.  They suggested we go out to eat at one of our favorite local restaurants.  So we did.  Just the girls, My Prince and I.  The Young Prince was at football practice.

We came home, and the Young Prince came in right after us.  My Prince took a quick nap on the couch.  The Young Prince told me about something that is going on at school about him being "chosen".  Pretty interesting.  I am eager and interested to see how this turns out, and just who is behind it.  I have my theories.  The Young Prince has his (some of his theories made me laugh).  I love a puzzle and a mystery, and this has the elements of both.  I'll let ya know how it ends when I know...

The kids got ready to go to the local football game.  I planned on staying home and having some quiet alone time while they were gone.

The Oldest Princess hooked up her computer to the television so that I could watch PureFlix (it's like a Christian version of NetFlix - if you haven't ever heard of it, you should definitely check it out).  I thought a series called Sue Thomas FBI (eye) looked interesting, so when they left, I got some chips and dip and snuggled up under a blanket to watch a few episodes.  It is a cute little show.  About 10 minutes into the first one, I lost it.  I had a good cleansing cry (cause I was by myself and I could - for our friend who passed away recently, for the pictures I've seen of the Oldest Princess's friends moving into their college dorms, for a loved one who has been making terrible choices and is now reaping the consequences, for our sweet Tiger - stupid national pet day on Facebook! - and for the fact that we only have one more week with the Oldest Princess before we are taking pictures of HER moving into HER dorm room and hugging US all goodbye.  I didn't cry long, but I did cry hard, and allowed myself a few minutes of emotional release.  After that I was okay, and I relaxed and watched several episodes of my new little show before everyone came home from the football game.

The Young Prince came home to get his truck because he was going to spend the night at a friend's house.  He came in the house just to give me a hug, tell me he loved me and goodnight.  That made this momma's night.

The rest of us went upstairs to call it a day and get some rest.

Until I blog again...

No comments: