Two Tiaras and a Sword

Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Very Thankful Thursday

*That it was labeled a "good" break by the doctor on my student's wrist

*For the celebration of the youngest princesses birthday

*That we all survived the last day if school before Spring Break

*For answered prayer, even if it was not the answer that I really, really wanted

*For safe travels

*For family we love

*For simple fun

*For small country churches, and the pastors who faithfully lead their flocks

*For an uncle who allows the young prince to do something he loves

*For beautiful pictures

*For a precious little girl who came through her surgery with flying colors

*For water balloons on a hot day

*For an aunt who plans fun activities

*For second place, and a new beach towel as the prize

*For being able to help a cousin plant his potatoes and the fun we had and the valuable lessons we learned while doing so

*For gathering around in the kitchen and cooking, and learning together

*For jobs that little hands can do

*For memories that time and death can't steal

*For the youngest princess' delight in seeing wild rabbits

*For driving lessons for the older children

*For turkey gobbles and mad hens

*For strings, bacon, and crawfish holes, and the entertainment they provide

*For the one or two that held on long enough for us to see them

*For Bible verses and good prizes (mine was Psalm 119:11, and a hand held cheese grater :-) Woo Hoo!)

*For the little one that woke up in the middle of the night, and the little arms that slipped around my neck, and the little voice that said, "I really enjoyed crawfish hunting with you, Mommy." Oh, yes, it makes each and every one of those one hundred and seventy-two mosquito bites worth it.

*For a picture frame that made my aunt happy, and a the sweet made who made it for her

*For my uncle who made me a beautiful shelf that I absolutely love

*For one more funny memory made in a closet where I have many fun memories, before the house is torn down...Sister-in-law, what is it with us and closets? LOL!

*For the children learning things that sitting behind a desk will never teach them

*For strong muscles, and strong shovels

*For beautiful blossoms that will be a living reminder of a beautiful lady

*For not being too old to still chase my brother with a water hose

*For a husband who loves me enough to allow me to go away for several days to visit family, even when he can't go with us

*And finally...for being able to share a story that has been on my heart for over a month now, and how it has changed my life, and the exciting anticipation of just how God will use it in the lives of others - If you haven't read it yet, please take a minute to read my last blog titled A Father's Final Instructions

Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for the blessings mentioned above, and many, many more!

1 comment:

asnipofgoodness said...

Hi Tricia, I couldn't find an e-mail address on your profile, so I am letting you know here, that I have tagged you on my blog! Please don't feel obligated to participate if you would rather not, I just found it fun, and thought you might also. :)

Have a blessed day!

http://asnipofgoodness.blogspot.com/2012/03/tag-im-it.html