Two Tiaras and a Sword

Thursday, March 1, 2012

And the youngest princess says....

After visiting with family who had bunk beds, in which the youngest princess was not allowed to sleep (because I was afraid that she would fall off of the top bunk), she proclaimed to her sister:
"When I get married, I'm going to have bunk beds. I'm going to sleep on the top bunk, and my husband can sleep on the bottom bunk!"

After discussing the fact that I won't let her have a pet snake:
"Well, when I get older, I'm going to let my kid have a pet snake."

Ummm...I guess if the whole bunk bed thing comes true, we don't have to worry about the snake.

On the way to school this morning, the young prince wanted to know if public schools were free (private school is all he's ever known). This led to a discussion about taxes. The youngest princess exclaimed, "Oh! I know a bank robber who was a disciple!" I asked her, "Who?" She said, "I don't remember his name, but he would tell the people that they owed three, and he would keep two for himself and give the one that they really owed." Sooo, I guess she was a little confused between the whole bank robber - tax collector thing. But then again, maybe they are not so different after all...

Last night I wrote a message to the youngest princess on her magna doodle. I punctuated it with an exclamation mark. She asked me what it was. I explained, and then drew a "fat" one so that she could see that sometimes they look that way as well. Then she said, "And sometimes they look like this..." And she drew a question mark. So, I explained that an exclamation mark and a question mark are not the same, and what a question mark does. I wrote a question to show her an example. She wanted to write a question for me. The question she wrote: Do you have love in your heart for me? Whoo Hoo!! Not so bad for her very first written question! That's my girl! Oh, and my answer to her question...Yes! Of course I have love in my heart for my youngest princess!!

Okay, "L", hopefully this gives you a reason to SMILE.

And no...this is not THE post that I CAN'T WAIT to share...but I promise it is coming as soon as it all comes together.

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Definitely a reason to smile!!! Love you!

Tricia said...

Wonderful! Love you, too!

Leah Adams said...

How precious! I love how inquisitive princess is. I don't really love the snake thingy, however, hopefully she will grow out of that. Ewww!! Your blog is beautiful!!