Two Tiaras and a Sword

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

On the Road…AGAIN

And, because I have not had enough time on the road lately, I packed my bags Sunday night and Monday morning and hit the road again with my Prince this time.  He had been waffling back and forth about wether or not to attend the SBC conference in Nashville, and had finally decided that there were things of great importance happening, and that he needed to be there.  So, I tagged along, with the plus of getting to see the Young Prince.  Woo hoo!

We left mid-morning on Monday after dropping C off with Grammy.  He gets so excited when he goes to Grammy’s house. I love that he loves being there.  We left him standing at the glass door, wagging his tail.

We had an uneventful trip, with a stop at Jack in the Box - more tacos - for lunch on the way.  

We got to our hotel a little earlier than we had thought, so we took some time to stroll through a few antique stores in the antique district.  Neither of us found anything that we could not live without. Then we made a quick Target run, because we still had time before we needed to meet everyone for dinner.

Then we made our way to Cracker Barrel where we met the Young Prince and his Fair Maiden, as well as her parents and her sister.  It was nice to see her again and to meet her parents.  They have been so good to our Young Prince.  We enjoyed our quick time with them and hope to be able to get to know them better in the future.

After dinner, the Fair Maiden’s family was off to play in a volleyball game.  The Young Prince and the Fair Maiden wanted to go to a used bookstore.  We went with them.  I was able to find a reader for one of the students that I tutor, and a children’s book that I have been looking for. Everyone else found a few things as well.  It was a fun time.

We said goodnight to the Young Prince and his Fair Maiden, and then went to our hotel.  It took me about 15 seconds to fall asleep.  I was exhausted.

The next morning we took our time getting up and getting ready.  My Prince and I went to lunch, and stopped by a couple of stores.  Then my Prince took me back to the hotel.  I relaxed, did my Bible study, read, and just enjoyed the quiet.  My Prince went to the conference for the afternoon.

When my Prince got back, we left to go to the mid-week young adult service with the Young Prince.  It was wonderful to be there and worship with him and the young adults that he works with and serves.  It was really cool that several of them told us what an inspiration the Young Prince was to them, or how much he was an encouragement to them.  One told us how he had been in a small group with the YP, and how evident it was that the YP loves the Lord and loves us.  It may have made my eyes water a little bit.



Before the service the Young Prince took me in a quick tour through the church’s children’s area.  I can dream…My Prince told me not to covet.  I didn’t covet, but I can dream…



After the service, we went to dinner with the Young Prince and his Fair Maiden.  The place they wanted to go turned out to be closed.  They were bummed, but we went with plan “B”.  Our waitress turned out to be a lady who attends the church where the Young Prince goes.  It was a God thing, and she was glad to meet the Young Prince and very encouraging to him.  He told her he would be back.  I think we were an encouragement to her last night, and I hope he really will go back and be an encouragement to her in the future.



After dinner, we went back to the hotel.  I think it took me about 10 seconds to fall asleep.  

This morning, we got up and got ready to go back to the convention.  We had hoped to see the Young Prince again, but his plans changed and that did not work out.  We did however get to see our brother-in-law’s sister, and a young man who was in our very first ever youth group.




It was great to see them and catch up with everything that is going on with them.


After that we decided to walk around and explore a little of downtown Nashville and find something to eat before heading home.  We got in line for a chicken place.  The couple in line in front of us shared their menu with us.  Our husbands started talking, and about two and a half hours later, we said goodbye to our new best friends.  No, seriously, we shared a table with them because the place was packed, and we talked ministry and teaching and kids and you name it.  It really was a divine appointment, and hopefully we will be able to keep up with them and keep in touch through the future.  

But as all good things must, it had to come to an end.  The lunch, and the trip.  And now we are on our way home to rescue the Youngest Princess from Grammy’s House of Manual Labor.  Although if I know Grammy, she pays well for said manual labor.

And tomorrow, aside from being our 26th wedding anniversary, everything goes back to normal.  No more road trips for me for a little while.  If you need me, I’ll be at home.  

But first, a few random pictures.









No comments: