Two Tiaras and a Sword

Friday, March 27, 2020

Quick! Someone Go Paint Your Garage Door Black!

I did a great job yesterday of staying out of the pollen.  A great job I tell ya.  The girls went outside, and I really wanted to go out with them, but I refrained,  I really wanted to go out, but I exhibited self control.  Plus, I did not want a repeat performance of my headache from the night before.

My Prince saw that someone had posted a scavenger hunt list online, and he thought it would be fun if we took the challenge and did the scavenger hunt as a family after the Young Prince got home from work.

Now that I had everything I needed, we had our fried chicken dinner, along with green beans, shells and cheese and rolls. It was very good, even if a day later than we had planned.

Just as we finished dinner, My Prince received a phone call.  The kids and I washed the dishes and cleaned the kitchen, while My Prince was on the phone talking about the churchy things.  We finished, and hovered around while he was finishing up his call so we could head out on our great quarantine scavenger hunt adventure.  We were on the front porch, and I couldn't help but pull a few more weeds from the flower bed.  What was I thinking?!?  Evidently I was NOT thinking.

My favorite niece called the Oldest Princess while My Prince was still talking churchy things, and we talked and then face timed with her for a while.  Meanwhile My Prince finished his call and was waiting on us.  When we finished the call, we all (including Pup) loaded up into the car.  We rolled the windows down and headed off...Here's how the first 30 seconds or so went...

OP: I've already found a house with three cars in the driveway.  It is Mrs. A's house.  (across the street from us).

YP:  I found a dog!  Pup! 

MP:  No it can't be our own dog.

Me:  There's a dog!  No wait, that is a cat!  Is that a cat or a dog?

MP:  It's a dog.  Or we can just pretend it's a dog.  Look there's a house with a small Christmas tree in the window.  That could pass as a plant right?  Sure it can!

Me:  (Wondering why there was a small Christmas tree in the window of that house) You can't just change all the rules like that or we will be done before we make the block!

Oh the fun!  Anyway, we slowed down and took it a little more seriously after that.  We stopped and talked out the window to several folks we knew and waved at those we didn't.  The Young Prince taught us how to play a new game called, "Hey Cow!"  And we surprised a church member who was on her porch talking on her phone at about dark.  After our last conversation, the Young Prince asked if we could go home because his allergies were going crazy.  We were done and ready to head home anyway.  

About the time we got  home, whatever was getting to the Young Prince attacked me with a vengeance.  We were trying to watch and movie, and I could not even watch it for sneezing my head off.  So I gave in and took a Zyrtec and a shower and headed for bed.  Still sneezing.  The Youngest Princess brought me a Benadryl, and that along with the Zyrtec I had already taken, finally seemed to help some.  The Young Prince was in the same boat I was in.  It is misery folks.  Pure misery.  Teach us to ride around in the spring with our windows down!  

Which brings me back to our scavenger hunt...There were three things we did not find.  Christmas lights, a recycle bin, and a house with a black garage door.  And I really hate to leave things unfinished.  So if you hang up your Christmas lights, buy or put out a recycle bin and paint your garage door black anytime soon, would you let me know?  We would love to drive by your house with our windows tightly shut and be able to check those things off of our list.

Seriously, we had fun, we got out of the house, and we made some great memories.  I definitely recommend doing it as long as you are not on total lock down that is.

This morning, after a good night's sleep away from any and all pollen, I woke up feeling better.  The Youngest Princess started school, and I worked on my Children's Ministry lesson.  My Prince, the Oldest Princess and I went to the church to record the children's skit and message.  While we were recording the skit, my phone rang.  It was one of our friends/church members.  She said that she wanted to drop something off at our house.  I told her that the Youngest Princess was at home.  So she said she would drop it off with her.  Before we got home the Youngest Princess was calling to see if we knew what it was.  We told her that we had no idea what it was, but that we were on our way home soon.  The surprise from our precious friend was a steak for each of us, as well as baked potatoes and bread.  Our friend had said that since My Prince is always bragging about how he can make a cheap steak taste good, that she thought she would treat us to good steaks.  How absolutely precious and thoughtful was that!!  We are blessed beyond measure many times over.  I love our people and I love how they love us and each other.  There is nothing like the family of God!  We called and thanked her, and we will be grilling steaks tonight!  Woo Hoo!

The Oldest Princess is now working on some of her class work.  Home colleging is going well for her.  She has made 100's on her first two home college quizzes.  The Youngest Princess had to miss her riding lesson on Monday due to the weather, so she is doing a makeup lesson now.  I did not go with her even though I really wanted to, because I did not want another allergy attack.  My Prince went to the local grocery store to pick up a few things we needed, and he said while he was there, he felt led to pray with the owners.  They were very thankful for him doing that, and I am thankful that he is a man who follows the leading of the Lord.  As we are blessed by others, I pray that we continue to be a blessing to others as well.

Praying that you all are blessing and being blessed as well!  Until the next adventure...

No comments: