Two Tiaras and a Sword

Monday, May 9, 2016

May 9, 2016

5/8 - Sunday - Mother's Day.  It always makes me emotional. This year was better than most. But I still miss my Momma like crazy.  I still wish I could call her, or be with her and give her a great big hug, and then just sit on the porch and enjoy a nice long talk.  I wish she could see the kids.  I wish she could be here with me to walk with me through the Oldest Princess's last few weeks of high school.  I wish she could help me plan the graduation party. I really miss her!  Okay. It makes me emotional just thinking about it, so I will move on.

Last Friday the Oldest Princess got a card in the mail.  It was from a relative.  We were super busy Friday, so it was Saturday morning before she opened it.  The gift was sacrificial.  And totally unexpected.  It made me cry.  And maybe my being emotional Saturday morning, helped me not to be so emotional on Sunday.

Sunday morning went as well as good Sunday mornings at our house go.  We got ready and my awesome kids were great sports and took pictures with me outside before we left.

When we got to church, we had our picture made again.  One of our sweet church members decorated a corner of the fellowship hall, and took pictures of everyone who wanted to have their pictures made with their mothers.  I am very thankful to her for doing that.  She did it several years ago, and we still have the great pictures as memories.

Sunday school was good.  A great reminder to not just follow what someone says because they are a well known, well loved, accepted pastor or preacher, but to prove them and what they say with the Bible and what it says.  If what they say does not line up with the Bible, then do not listen to them. And if I do not study my Bible and know what it says for myself, then I am liable to believe things that are not the truth.  And so are you.  So let's read our Bibles and know what is and isn't the truth.

In the church service, My Prince started a new sermon series entitled Family Matters.  He preached from Deuteronomy 6:4-6.  Sunday's sermon was about how we must have a right relationship with God, before any of our other relationships will fall into place.  If we have a right relationship with God, we can have a right relationship with others.  If we do not have a right relationship with God, we can not have a right relationship with others.  It was a strong, convicting sermon.  My Prince did a good job!

After church, we came home and changed into more comfortable clothes, and then we went out to eat lunch.  It was delicious.

After lunch, the kids wanted to do a little shopping.  The Oldest Princess found a couple of skirts for college.  The Young Prince found a few shirts, and I found a couple of things I had been looking for for an upcoming trip.

Then we went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things we needed, and drove through and got ice cream for dessert for on the way home.  My weakness is a chocolate covered strawberry blizzard.

We came home, and My Prince set us up on PureFlix, so I could see a movie that I had been wanting to watch.  While he was getting that all together, I did some of my Leviticus Bible study.

The movie turned out to be sad.  I might have shed a few tears.

After the movie, I read to the Youngest Princess, and then we went to sleep.

5/9 - Monday.  This morning, I woke up and read my First 5 devotion.  Then we got ready and headed to school.  Today was the first day of our last full week of school.  I cannot believe it is time for the school year to end.  The time has flown by!

We had a good day, and accomplished much.  My friend was back at work today.  It was nice to have her back!

After school, I came home and worked on my Leviticus Bible study.  My Prince grilled pork chops and I did the sides for dinner.  The oldest two kids got home from play practice and we enjoyed dinner together.

After dinner the guys went out to mow some of the yard.  The Youngest Princess went outside to play on the trampoline. The Oldest Princess watched some television.  I did a little laundry, and cleaned up after dinner.

Now I am ready to go and read to the Youngest Princess, and call it a day.

Until tomorrow...


No comments: