Two Tiaras and a Sword

Saturday, June 1, 2013

And The Youngest Princess Says...

After her tummy made a sound - "My tummy just sounded like a chicken!  Did you hear that!"

While praying,  "and help every need that needs to be meeted."

I was upstairs getting ready for Pre-Registration night at school.  I finished, and was coming down the stairs to head out the door.  The youngest princess was at the bottom of the stairs watching me come down.  She said, "Woah! Momma!  You are hot!  And I don't mean like it is hot in here hot (while fanning herself).  I mean you are hot!  You are beautiful!"   Just  goes to show that beauty really is in the eye of the beholder!

Her Poppy (granddaddy) has been gathering supplies that will eventually be sent to a mission in another country.  He is storing it all in a warehouse near our house.  Today, when he came with the second load she asked her Daddy, "Is Poppy's new job a truck driver?"  he told her no, and asked her why she thought that.  She told him, "Well, he's always driving a truck!"

We were getting ready for our day.  I gave her something to do, and then told her to come back to me, so I could fix her hair.  When I realized she was taking longer than she should, I stuck my head out the door and called her.  She (standing in front of my full length mirror) jumped and said, "Oh, you scared me!"  I reminded her that I had directed her to come back to me, so I could do her hair.  She hung her head a little and sheepishly said, "I was just pretending that I had a twin sister.  She did EVERYTHING I did!"  Talking of course about herself in the full length mirror - crazy kid!!

She stayed up late with her big brother to watch a show.  When I got up the next morning this is what I found on the coffee table :


When I asked her why she wrote what she wrote, she shrugged her shoulders and said, "I just wanted to write something, and that was the first thing that came to me."

No comments: